Been here about 2 years and...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoker21

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Missouri
I just realized I never checked in.

Hi All.  I'm recently retired and want to expand my smoking abilities.  So far I have done chicken, Turkey, Top Round, and I even Smoked meatloaf (The best EVER).. I made my first batch of bacon a few weeks ago and I need more practice.  It came out with a vinegary taste to it.  I used POP's brine but I think I when I put it in it straight from the fridge that was the problem.  Next time I'll let it reach room temp before I start the smoke.  I also did some Gouda and some Cheddar.  Still blooming so I don't know yet how it turned out.  I have plenty of time now to learn new things.  I live in Missouri, so the weather has me inside more than outside, but that will change soon.

I also want to than EVERYONE who has helped me so far!

Jim

Hi Jim! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us and finally said hello!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky