Hello! From Australia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldsongs91

Original poster
Dec 29, 2023
Hello! I am brand new to smoking but long time meat lover. I got a chargrilled Akron for Christmas and I have made a few things so far.

I’m in Australia so I’m finding the conversion from C to F hard and the names for different cuts a bit of a challenge but I am enjoying it regardless.

Welcome from Hawaii!! I Have an Akorn and have smoked some great meals on it. It is a nice smoker but just have to dial in your temps. Once you shoot past your target temp it takes time to bring it back down. For hot and fast grilling it is great!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from the US east coast! For temps, I’d recommend making a cheat sheet showing temps with degF and corresponding degC next to it. Maybe one for meat temps and one for smoker temps. That way you won’t have to convert all the time and eventually you’ll know without looking.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Mississippi! You Aussie guys are gonna have to arrange your own Down under Gathering for SMF.

Jim

Missed this in the post holidays activities. Welcome from Ohio. Anytime you are having trouble with cut info post up questions. Tons of folks here to help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky