You’ve Been Selected, Resistance is Futile!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Human, you've been selected, resistance is futile!

This cat is very affectionate and playful.
Still fat and happy even though it obviously got left behind by someone who moved or got dumped in the neighborhood.
Two neighbors let it eat with their cats for a couple months, so it never went hungry.
One neighbor even had it spayed to avoid kittens.
It tries to invite itself into the house as it adorably loves all over you.

My wife and kids have stopped and petted this wee beastie on their evening walks.
It finally followed them home and has made itself at home on our back porch.

Being as my wife, daughter and eldest son have been wanting a cat, we gave into its demands and adopted it.
We'll take care of her needs, food, cathouse, flea meds and whatnot.
But not indoor access.
You're an outside kitty, get it, Cat?

So like I said, this cat is very affectionate, playful and it has incredibly silky soft fur.
Name? Velvet.
Welcome home Velvet!
1000001805.jpg

Last edited:
Where is my crystal ball ??? There it is !!! Hmmm... Me thinks the cat will be inside in less than a week....wait for it...it's getting clearer.. there it is !! 2-3 weeks before you find out or is that a crack ??? Hard to tell.

So pick it up and cuddle with her. Put her on her back in your arms and rub her belly... if she loves her belly rubbed she'll be the best cat ever! Trust me, all our best cats loved it. Even the black ones lol... had more than one. It's ok... you can be a softie and give in!

Ryan

She was quite obviously an indoor cat prior to being on the street.
Knows it's warm and comfy inside and she tries very hard to get in when the door gets opened.
Just sits at the door looking in and trying to be pitiful.

She has gotten in once already.
Strolled around like she owned the place, looking for a nice place to claim as her spot.
Wife unceremoniously plopped her butt back on the porch.
Wife and I are together on her being strictly outside as we've four birds and daughter has a hamster.
Mother-n-law has a Chihuahua that'd definitely start sx!t and then get it's arse handed to it.

So, she is an outside pussycat and that is that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Speaking of birds....
I'm not a real big fan of cats. A cat will kill song birds just for the fun of it....and play with the dead. most times won't eat it. Feral cats are right up there with feral hogs IMO....

Why is it people put there cats out at night? I could understand it on a farm with rats and mice, but city folk???

Reactions: chilerelleno
Nice kitty. A women had dropped a cat off at the river. There are several around that I feed. This one seems to be a good cat. I been trying to talk myself into bringing it home. It will even walk with you like a dog.

View attachment 684600View attachment 684601
I agree with Jim, give it a home.
A cat on the lap makes for great naps.
Cats at my friend's deer cabin are pros at assisting in naps.

Yep, this one follows my daughter around the yard like a dog.
Unless it sees a squirrel, then it's instant murder mode.

Reactions: JLeonard
Human, you've been selected, resistance is futile!

This cat is very affectionate and playful.
Still fat and happy even though it obviously got left behind by someone who moved or got dumped in the neighborhood.
Two neighbors let it eat with their cats for a couple months, so it never went hungry.
One neighbor even had it spayed to avoid kittens.
It tries to invite itself into the house as it adorably loves all over you.

My wife and kids have stopped and petted this wee beastie on their evening walks.
And it finally followed them home and has made itself at home on our back porch.

Being as our daughter and eldest son have been wanting a cat we gave into its demands.
We'll give it food, a cathouse, flea meds and whatnot... But not indoor access.
You're an outside kitty, get it, Cat?

So like I said, this cat is very affectionate, playful and it has incredibly silky soft fur.
Name? Velvet.
Welcome home Velvet!
View attachment 684564
great thing you did. as long as it can stay warm

kitty love.jpg
m.

I'm not a fan of cats, and after a while if nobody claimed him. I would have caught it and brought it to the humane society. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Our humane society is a no kill outfit.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky