Beef Tri Tip And Gravy Lasagna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nothing wrong with that meal! You want more Show on the plate? Yes, letting it cool more will help hold things together. So will Thicker Gravy. Think Pudding thick rather than flowing...JJ

I wonder if letting it sit overnight in the fridge like we do with our regular lasagna would work. Either way that looks fantastic. Nicely done Robert.

Point for sure

Chris

Man that is one killer meal Robert!
I don’t know how you are going to top this, but I’m sure you’ll come up with something!
Al

Heck Robert. Pics look great to me. Looks and sounds delicious. When you plate mine put the ciabatta under my lasagna like an open face please. Nice creative work bud. Had tri Tip last night myself but it was boring lol

A bit late getting back, but oh well...at least I'm here, for a few minutes anyway. Thanks for the kind words Jake. No prob putting the bread underneath. Kind of a double bottom along with the noodles, but it's your meal and you can plate it anyway you like sir :emoji_wink: Sorry to hear your tri tip was boring. That's highly unusual fro you to make something that's less than incredible

Big LIKE bud!

Thank you Derek!!

It may not be pretty but it looks like some good eating. And got the bread to catch any gravy that tries to escape.
Jim

Yes sir, always gotta have bread to sop up the gravy with, and thank you for the kind words.

Robert

One of these days your wife is going to commit you. Tri tip lasagna...who would have ever thought?

Hey...this was made using no hands. I was wearing one of those white jackets with no escape route for them :emoji_laughing: I guess you can leave it to me to come up with some really weird stuff, but we really liked this one.

Oh Hell Yeah!
I'd happily try and play to that.
Nice thinking out of the box Robert.

Thanks so much Chile!! Very much appreciate it sir.

#TeamGravy is just a hashtag battle cry I guess haha. hashtags don't function here, but just having fun with all the gravy posts :emoji_grin:

The accolades are appreciated my friend. I actually went to Facebook yesterday and typed in #TeamGravy and there's a group out there under that hashtag. They had some nice looking stuff but not on the level with most of what's been shown here recently. Folks do seem to be having fun with all the gravy stuff going on, that's for sure!!

Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
I think i've seen it all now Robert, Gravy lasagna? got to say i never heard of it but i will tell you it looks delicous!!

Hee hee hee...thank you Jim. I'm sure I'll come up with something else at some point even more bizarre than this. I just have fun with these types of meals.

Robert great idea and great looking meal. Always coming up with new things to inspire all of us to try new things and think outside the box. This one is definitely worth a shot in my kitchen. Thanks for sharing this!

And thank you Travis for the kind words. I can honestly think of a dozen or so different ways to approach this...different meats, different gravies, etc. This may open a whole new world for me insofar as doing weird things for dinner.

I love it! That is just an exceptional idea! Of course as you know anything gravy is a good thing.

Appreciate it Ryan. As soon as this idea came to me you're the first person I thought about remembering your recent post about your wife loving you over some dish made with gravy. I thought that if she didn't find me totally certifiable over this it's one you may enjoy trying.

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Gravy is like bacon, it’s good on damn near everything lol!! The pics look great and I am quite sure it was delicious! Love the outside the box thinking.

You'll not get any arguments from me buddy...or Ryan for that matter, and probably a lot of other folks :emoji_wink: I can see you coming up with an amazing keto vertsion of something timilar at some point, making it absolutely spectacular, and probably getting a ride on the carousel.

* Me in the drive thru

I can see this :emoji_laughing: Yo Zach, a few minutes premature but I stopped today and picked up a ton of fresh garlic cloves today. Got the vac seal attachment for Mason jars and going to be doing a few pints of spicy pickled garlic this afternoon. Oddly enough, one of those jars is gonna have your name on it. I have not forgotten the Cen Tex event my friend

Pictures may not make the Art Gallery but the gravy lasagna sounds and looks tasty !

Very much appreciate that you think it tasted good and didn't blow sunshine up my butt about the presentation. I still think it was ugly although numerous people have stated otherwise. It did taste good though, no doubt about that!!

Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Looks like an awesome train wreck in flavor town!!!! In a good way!!! I Love it!!! That is on par with my photo skills Robert!! LOL!!!!!!!

Thank you Keith...I think :emoji_laughing: Giving credit where credit is due, I think you nailed the description perfectly. As stated, the only thing that made up for it being such a mess was that it tasted fantastic!!

There’s nothing wrong with a plate of rib-stickin’ tri tip gravy lasagna! That’s pure comfort right there.

Very much appreciate it Joe. Believe me sir, I considered the mashed taters but nixed the idea. Was concerned there may be too much starch with the noodles in there also. All that cheese in there it sure was a stick to your ribs meal!!

Count me in on bacon wrapped gravy 😋

You have been officially counted and added to the ever growing list :emoji_wink:

Robert

I think it looks good Robert. Goes without saying it was delicious of course! Excellent original idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Very much appreciate the accolades Mike. One of my favorite aspects of this in addition to the flavor was the priginality. It was something I'd never seen before so thought it'd be fun to put it together.

I’ve certainly seen worse looking lasagnas so nothing to be ashamed of there,

The support is appreciated...but I still think it was ugly. Probably just because t didn't come close to meeting my expectations on the appearance.

Ehrmagerd ... you had me at gravy. And pasta. And cheese. And meat.

That pretty much covers all of the major food groups. nothing like a well balanced and nutritious meal!!

I wonder if letting it sit overnight in the fridge like we do with our regular lasagna would work. Either way that looks fantastic. Nicely done Robert.

I'd imagine letting it sit over night for the cheese to firm up would make a big difference. We were just hungry and I didn't want to wait. I was also really anticipating tearing into something I'd never seen or done before so patience was no in the cards for this one. Thank you for the kind words Chris. Appreciate it sir.

Robert

Man that is one killer meal Robert!
I don’t know how you are going to top this, but I’m sure you’ll come up with something!

Thanks so much Al!! As you said though, I'm sure I'll come up with something even more bizarre and off the wall at some point.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky