Beef Short Rib Cut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kutz

Original poster
Apr 3, 2019
Hey all, new member first post. Been smoking for a little while now and obviously there's always room for improvement and things to learn!

So i recently went to my butcher and asked for a few cuts of beef short rib in 3 bone sections. Unfortunately he cut them in single bones. Should i rub and tie the ribs together to increase the cook time or just do them individually? I don't want to risk them cooking too quick and being dry.

Cheers all

Hey mate, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it.
I personally reckon if you're butcher has already cut the ribs just go with it.
Plenty of sticky sauce low and slow will win the day mate..
Good luck and enjoy.

U were looking for side ribs sounds like. Short ribs are single cut ribs and dry out and take forever I think. Getting a 3 bone side rib is the way to go like u wanted. Back ribs don’t have any meat on them. The ribeye steak is what gets cut off the back rib. I personally think Korean short ribs, (some call them flanken ribs)are the best way to have beef ribs 100%. Next time get these. Cook way faster and taste way better. It’s the same cut of meat as the short rib just cut different
4E5F76E7-39D8-4322-B9AC-0D0F75E77A38.jpeg
EDF6F9CD-8618-4314-939B-35150E6A92D8.jpeg
these take about 1.5 hours compared to 6 hours doing the short ribs

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky