Beef Short Rib Cut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kutz

Original poster
Apr 3, 2019
Hey all, new member first post. Been smoking for a little while now and obviously there's always room for improvement and things to learn!

So i recently went to my butcher and asked for a few cuts of beef short rib in 3 bone sections. Unfortunately he cut them in single bones. Should i rub and tie the ribs together to increase the cook time or just do them individually? I don't want to risk them cooking too quick and being dry.

Cheers all

Kiwi Smoke

Smoke Blower
Nov 20, 2018
Hey mate, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it.
I personally reckon if you're butcher has already cut the ribs just go with it.
Plenty of sticky sauce low and slow will win the day mate..
Good luck and enjoy.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
U were looking for side ribs sounds like. Short ribs are single cut ribs and dry out and take forever I think. Getting a 3 bone side rib is the way to go like u wanted. Back ribs don’t have any meat on them. The ribeye steak is what gets cut off the back rib. I personally think Korean short ribs, (some call them flanken ribs)are the best way to have beef ribs 100%. Next time get these. Cook way faster and taste way better. It’s the same cut of meat as the short rib just cut different
4E5F76E7-39D8-4322-B9AC-0D0F75E77A38.jpeg
EDF6F9CD-8618-4314-939B-35150E6A92D8.jpeg
these take about 1.5 hours compared to 6 hours doing the short ribs

Hot Threads