Beef prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not being an economist, what I don't get is why Costco has such a wide range in pricing on this in various parts of the country. $5.99 here, just absurd.

Not being an economist, what I don't get is why Costco has such a wide range in pricing on this in various parts of the country. $5.99 here, just absurd.
$5.99 is absurd. But I’m guessing a new Ford F-150 will cost more depending on where you live too. I’m thinking state & local taxes along with transportation costs and wealth in a particular area are the main reasons for price variations. Somebody set me straight if I am missing something- I’m just a construction worker who Loves to BBQ

$5.99 is absurd. But I’m guessing a new Ford F-150 will cost more depending on where you live too. I’m thinking state & local taxes along with transportation costs and wealth in a particular area are the main reasons for price variations. Somebody set me straight if I am missing something- I’m just a construction worker who Loves to BBQ
You may be right, but a Ford is the same MSRP everywhere. What you negotiate based on local market conditions is the sale price. Not sure what causes my northeast IL Costco to have such higher beef prices, though.

I guess the explanation would be supposedly much higher costs to ship the beef up here. Again, I would call BS on that, but what can I say?

Just left Costco and chop meat was still $2.99, rib-eyes - $12.99 and trimmed filet Mignon was $19.99 and this is on Long Island, NY not exactly a cheap cost of living area.

Reactions: poacherjoe
Here in Ga, most chop meat at Kroger has been 3.99-4.99 a pound. Filets have skyrocketed to $24.99 a pound, so we do not get that right now. Strips and Ribeyes go on "sale" for 12.99-14.99, which to me is not a sale price. Publix this week has Strips on sale for 8.99, that's good. Last week Kroger had Brisket for $2.99 a pound and I grabbed 2. The had Chicken leg Quarters for .59 a pound got 10 pounds of those too!

For what it's worth, I just got back from Sam's and I always look at the meat case when there. They have USDA choice boneless chuck roast for $7.98/lb. Last time I was there about 2 weeks ago, it was $5.98/lb. Prime packer brisket is $5.98/lb. It was $4.98/lb. last trip.

I didn't go to buy any meat, although I'm always looking for a deal, and it's needless to say that I didn't...

Costco 9-9-21 Prime brisket $4.49/#
St Louis 3- Pak $4.99/#
thus the reason I’m getting ribs at Sam’s (IBP)

Prime Brisket today at COSTCO:
31616081-52B4-43BF-812D-E0918FCE9B1D.jpeg

I wager if it doesn’t sell by the 18th they’ll knock $8 off.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConrodM
Wild Fork Foods prime brisket $4.98/lb two nights ago when I looked and ordered two of them. Interesting that Costco in my same area is a dollar more per pound.

Wild Fork Foods prime brisket $4.98/lb two nights ago when I looked and ordered two of them. Interesting that Costco in my same area is a dollar more per pound.
Not to bad for today's prices, this is what we're paying wholesale around here, pre trimmed and whole
20210915_102312.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky