Beef Bone in Back Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ultramag

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
Garden City, MO
I went to the store this morning intending to get some beef ribs to smoke along with a Drunk Chicken for the wife. I had saw these Beef Bone in Back Ribs before and thought they looked pretty good and was going to try them. When I was looking them over this morning though, they didn't really look like much. They had good color and didn't look bad per se, but they just looked like more bone than anything.

Have any of you guys smoked these and if so what do you think of them. I went with a rack of baby backs instead today. Not up for experimenting too much today really.

I did get a small pack of beef ribs marked Meaty Beef Rib Rack. They are about 4 or 5 inches tall and were cut in sections that contain about 6 ribs. They for sure had more meat so I thought I'd give them a try. I should have took pics I guess. I can take finished pics if anyone wants to see them I guess.

sheesh-here this topic was posted on Monday and I'm reading this on Friday!!!

Chad, IIRC the Beef back ribs are the rib bones that are removed from the rib primal cut when the Butcher is doing bonless rib roasts or steaks. Since they can sell the boneless cuts for more money than the bone-in they are going to be stingy about leaving too much meat on them rib bones. I'll take a couple of sections on plate ribs over the "back" ribs any day. If'n it was pork I'll take the baby backs and spares anytime I can get 'em.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky