beef and pork roasts when smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dan the mano

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 22, 2017
Hi everyone , i just a few questions for everyone here , although i know this has been answered lots i assume .anyways, for a beef roast i want to go and smoke , besides the usual rub spgo . say go and inject with beef broth . has anyone tried , DR pepper or coke for injection, or maybe even some sort of mild barbecue sauce ?

- then next question ... has anyone tried to marinade ( this beef roast ), by adding first the roast then the marinade,then say vacuum packing till roast has a slight vacuum on it and is totally covered by the marinade.

- then maybe the same thing with the pork roast .. maybe instead for injection use chicken broth , as i don't think you'd want one of the pops ( Dr pepper or coke) or barbecue sauce to be in there .

thank you for your replys

i just had a buddy do all of this to his beef roast ... and i thought it was a little overboard also , but then i wanted to go and see what other peoples thought were on this subject . thank you

I say it depends on the cut: A nice rib roast no way; a top or bottom round for London broil type? Yes, go for it. I did a nice London broil a month or so ago and used "The Shed" Beef Blaster for a marinade, it came out very nice, a bit of an Asian flavor. Vac sealing will speed up the marinade process. As above I'd stay away from sweet marinades/rubs/injections when it comes to beef.

Reactions: dan the mano
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky