Bears dry rub canadian bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Reb

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 25, 2018
Wellsville PA
20181009_102734.jpg
I got a 10lb tenderloin at Sams Club yesterday been feelin some canadian bacon lately. Last batch I made was with Pops brine an a few other things i added and it turned out great. I went with Bear's dry rub this time around.
I split my tenderloin into 2 5lb chunks rubbed them both down with tender quick followed by brown sugar. Put them both in bags and into the fridge for 9 days.
Ill update once I get them smoked and sliced.

Attachments

• 20181009_102804.jpg
    20181009_102804.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 14
Here we are started these early this morning, didnt get too many pics woke up later than i wanted to and had to put some new brake lines on my dads truck for him.
Anyway these were in for about 9 hrs 1st hour with out smoke at 130, followed by 3hrs at 140 with smoke, and bumped to 160 for another 3 hrs with smoke took my AMNPS out an bumped to 180 to finish.1 in the middle was at 147 other 2 were low 150s. I used bears recipe with tenderquick and brown sugar. After a rinsed them i soaked for 15 minutes in ice water, cut a piece for a fry test and it was delicious.

I have to dig out my slicer and get that cleaned up im going to keep these wrapped in the fridge overnight n slice them tomorrow. Ill post some more pics after that.
20181018_203006.jpg

As you should be very pleased - it looks great from my screen.

Point for sure.
Chris

Those look Awesome, Reb!!
Glad to see you didn't cut all the tasty fat off!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Awesome that's the only way I've made Canadian Bacon is with Bears recipe. Have always had great success with any of Bears recipes.

Warren

Awesome that's the only way I've made Canadian Bacon is with Bears recipe. Have always had great success with any of Bears recipes.

Warren

I agree bears recipes align well with my taste buds. I did some in pops brine earlier this year and seadoned it the way bear does before smoking came out really good as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky