• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bear style ham/Thanksgiving question

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Hey all. We do our Thanksgiving on Sunday and due to space & time, I need to double smoke the ham the day before. Should I put the glaze on when I smoke it or wait till I heat it up in the oven? Thanks in advance, Q-View to come.

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Just took the ham out to get started and realized Mrs. JK bought a spiral cut ham lol, wasn't expecting that. I found a couple good recipes here but I'm not sure about doing it today and reheating tomorrow because I'm afraid it'll dry out. :confused:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
If you re-heat it tomorrow, just put in a pan with some juice & cover it tightly with foil.

Then re-heat at 325 until about 140 IT.

Al

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Thanks guys. I decided to just do it first thing in the morning and slowly heat it up, if need be. I'm doing the ham, a smoked bird and a fried one tomorrow so there'll be some Q-View coming. :-)

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011
Bird heading for the smoker and I just put the ham on. I'm a bit worried about time because I'm having a hard time keeping up temp in the smoker with the turkey. I figure at worst, I get some good smoke on it then finish it in the oven.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Patrick,

I would put that glaze on the Ham about a half hour, or an hour before it's done.

Bear

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 23, 2011

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Everything looks delicious!

That's quite a spread!

Point!

Al

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
All Looks Awesome, Patrick!!
----

Nice Job!!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.