Bear style ham/Thanksgiving question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Ocala, Fl.
Hey all. We do our Thanksgiving on Sunday and due to space & time, I need to double smoke the ham the day before. Should I put the glaze on when I smoke it or wait till I heat it up in the oven? Thanks in advance, Q-View to come.

Just took the ham out to get started and realized Mrs. JK bought a spiral cut ham lol, wasn't expecting that. I found a couple good recipes here but I'm not sure about doing it today and reheating tomorrow because I'm afraid it'll dry out. :confused:

If you re-heat it tomorrow, just put in a pan with some juice & cover it tightly with foil.

Then re-heat at 325 until about 140 IT.

Al

Thanks guys. I decided to just do it first thing in the morning and slowly heat it up, if need be. I'm doing the ham, a smoked bird and a fried one tomorrow so there'll be some Q-View coming. :-)

Looking forward to it!  

popcorn.gif

Mike

Patrick,

I would put that glaze on the Ham about a half hour, or an hour before it's done.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky