Bear Claws

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, I went to order a set of tongs and paws for a total of $19,but my only shipping option was air shipping at $11! called them and left a message. Can't imagine ground would be more than 5 bux. Sheesh.

I got mine at wal-mart........It's two big salad forks.
smile.gif

hehehe.........good one RIP

Allen......check any bbq store........if you ever get to des moines, or more specifically ankeny......got to tnt landscaping........they have a bbq pit store, and you can get em there.........i would think up in your area......souix city or such, would have a bbq pit store, where you can buy smokers/grills.......not a home improvement store.........a bbq pit store......

hth

d88de

yeah......Deb......never used em.........we do more along the line of what rip suggested............they look difficult to use at best.........

d88de

They seem better suited to picking up a big chunk of meat than pulling it ... handles are just not quite right in my opinion!
Also, metal would be more cool as well!

I guess they wouldn't be bad if your tall and can stand up above the meat but if you little like I am even in the sink your wrists are in ackward positions and it can be painful. Serving forks work better for me if I need them, usually just latex gloves and a few oo ee ahh oos work with an occasional Daaaang!
biggrin.gif

Saw these things on the Foodnetwork the other day. Some dude in Kansas did a whole hog and used one to pull the meat. It looks like a good idea but I agree with Dee on this one, I use thick gloves and pull the meat by hand. Those large salad serving forks work well too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky