BBR attempt #4

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crclass

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
LaCrosse, Wisconsin
So I never did Baby Back Ribs prior to getting my pellet pooper (Traeger). My other attempts missed the pictures, so today the wife was the camera operator. Preped them with yellow mustard and then Jeff"s Naked Rib Rub. Fired up the smoker to 225 and smoked for 4.25 hours. Then I put Sweet Baby Rays sauce on em. Smoked for another 1.25 hours and pulled them at 199. They were not fall off the bone done but had some chew to em. The bones did come out clean. I think I found a new favorite. Yes I know my probe is just laying on the grate, I was monitoring temp of smoker.
20190527_114832.jpg 20190527_115130.jpg 20190527_163220.jpg 20190527_174915.jpg 20190527_174957.jpg 20190527_175009.jpg

They look fantastic! Do you wrap your ribs in foil at any point during the cooking?

I just did my first ribs in a few years on Saturday. Tried St. Louis style ribs, followed a 3-2-1 "competition" method. They turned out pretty good but I definitely need a little more practice!

Reactions: JC in GB
They look fantastic! Do you wrap your ribs in foil at any point during the cooking?

I just did my first ribs in a few years on Saturday. Tried St. Louis style ribs, followed a 3-2-1 "competition" method. They turned out pretty good but I definitely need a little more practice!
I did not wrap these. I have read both wrapped and unwrapped from the "experts". Just like when wife and I wanted kids, practice, practice, practice!

Reactions: kawboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky