Basturma recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you once again, If he desired temp and RH are 60 degrees and 80% respectively, why would there be a need for a dehumidifier, Im assuming placed inside the fridge.

Thank you once again, If he desired temp and RH are 60 degrees and 80% respectively, why would there be a need for a dehumidifier, Im assuming placed inside the fridge.
Because you are drying meat...and the meat will generate humidity. You need a way to remove it to keep it in a good range. If you let it rise too high, you will get bad molds....potentially toxic molds.....and you don't want that. Above 85%RH for an extended period of time is bad. Personally, 82-83%RH is the highest I like to see in a chamber....

Reactions: mike456
At minimal I have learned so far very important details regarding the process of curing meats, which is the temp and humidity and with these two factors I can adjust accordingly. For one I will wait till Fall before doing any further attempts at curing. This is the best option at the moment without getting too involved with equipment. Another option is to test my basement for both temp and humidity which I will do soon as it is much cooler and much more humid there then the rest of the house. Other factors are curing duration which vary greatly from video to video on youtube. Thank you everyone for your input and will follow the forum from here on in hopes to gain more knowledge on this topic.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky