Bacon Grease Gingersnaps!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Fremont Michigan
My son moves into his dorm tomorrow and his mother asked him if he wanted any homemade goodies to take with him. He told her that he wanted "those bacon grease cookies". As she was making them I decided that they are just to good not to share and I know many folks on here are always looking for something new and different to try.

3/4 cups bacon grease - room temp.
1 cup sugar + 1/4 for rolling
1/4 cup molasses - not blackstrap
1 large egg
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Combine all your dry ingredients and all your wet then mix together till a smooth stiff dough forms. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Preheat oven to 350*
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Form a ball of dough an inch or so in diameter and roll in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Place on the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
IMG_20180823_145742719.jpg

Bake 10 to 12 minutes depending on how crispy or soft you like them.
IMG_20180823_155417079.jpg

Let them cool on the sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. We've even made a maple bacon cream cheese filling for these before and made sandwich cookies out of them.
IMG_20180823_160941479.jpg

Enjoy!

Jared

Like!
Oh My Gosh, Heck Yeah!
I'm a ginger snap fiend and these will get made this weekend.
Just called my wife and had her set aside the bacon grease jar for my use only.
Like!
Those look fantastic, that last pic makes me want to lick my screen.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Like!

Thanks for liking guys. Chili let me know how you like them. I've put a little cayenne in a few times before for added POW! Very good.

Well Damned if you ain't, Chili!

The man, the myth, the legend.

I think you done ate too much Ginger, my Friend.
You done turned your beard red.
Or it's on fire.... :eek:

First of all, those look delicious!
I bookmarked this thread, cause I will make these for sure.
Thank you for sharing the recipe.
And congrats cause I think this is the first dessert in a long time to make the carousel!
Al

Oh yeah!!!! I am a cookie monster when it comes to ginger snaps. And I make a great cheesecake that uses ginger snaps as the crust... Mmmmm Mmmmmm Thx. for posting the recipes as well. Going to have to try them... LIKE
Congrats on the carousel ride...

Al'right, getting ready to do these.
I'm gonna try to do something similar to your sammie cookies, Maple Buttercream with Bacon.
And some with homemade Crystallized Ginger for that added ZING!

Homemade Crystallized Ginger
D3PKwqF.jpg

Now that right there is what turned your beard ginger.
Holy Moly!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky