Back to the basics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigfeet33

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
Lately I have been doing a lot on my stick burner, trying to chase the elusive post oak brisket that is so popular these days. But today I decided to go back to where it all started - spare ribs on the 18.5" Weber kettle. I haven't smoke anything in the Weber in probably a year but it was funny I immediately fell back into the rhythm of setting it up and fine tuning the air intake. Today made me realize that sometimes I tend to over complicate the whole smoking thing and it felt good to get back to the basics. More Q-view to follow when they are done!

Looks great!

My Weber kettle is my go-to grill. I cook on it 3-4 times a week when the weather is nice. Once you get proficient with them, there's not much you can't do with them..

Last edited:
I agree pit 4 brains, they are awesome. Lately I have been using my propane grill for cooking steaks and salmon and what not during the week. But I'm in south Texas and this time of year I try to minimize my time out in the sun!

Sometimes it's good to go back to the basics     Ribs Look Great !!

Gary

One more thing on getting back to the Basics

Every so often I get out my old ECB and do a smoke 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky