1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bachelor Pad for 8 days starting Sunday - lot-o-meat...I hope

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by sandyut, Oct 9, 2019.

1. sandyut

sandyut Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Wife is traveling for work sunday thru saturday. I see bloody streaks in my near future!! WOO! I also have a rare smoked lamb leg in the freezer waiting for an opportunity. Yum!

jcam222 likes this.
  2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They used to be fun. Enjoy your week...JJ

jcam222 and sandyut like this.
  3. sandyut

Thanks - likely just more work for me with 2 labs and a house to keep clean. I love cooking, but hate house cleaning.

We both enjoy a break from each other now and then - so work provides that.

but, I will have my bloody steak! that is happening for sure!

4. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Were going to need our Utah Members to Check on @sandyut mid week to make sure the food coma has not taken him.

jcam222 and sandyut like this.
  5. ravenclan

ravenclan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Wife's brother was in an accident, he is fine now but she was gone for three weeks!! The two dogs, our son, he is 26 yrs old and me, at home by ourselves was not a good idea since i still act like a kid at 52 years old and love to play RockBand and drink beer.

sandyut likes this.
  6. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ho Ho lucky you

Warren

7. sandyut

had a good bloody NY last night. pulled the half of a smoked leg of lamb out of the freezer for tonight. if i recall its med - med rare. YUM! if I can eat down the freezer I can cook more this weekend!

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  8. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

Man a good strip sounds great! What else you had on the menu besides cold beer?

9. sandyut

Lamb and brussels sprouts tonight. maybe some ribs. if I want to make the wife super jealous I break out a brisket - but that could be a poor choice. happy wife = happy life and v/v.. thats about as far as I have looked.

the pups are 2 Labrador Retrievers boys.jpg 2 and 3 years old. they are a handful most days.

10. sandyut

had some reverse seared lamb with a red wine and beef broth reduction and a side of Brussels sprouts with onions and balsamic! and wine. IMG_5514.jpg

11. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

Looks great! Next meal needs to be beer and ribs

12. ravenclan

ravenclan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I agree and with pics also!

SmokinVOLfan likes this.
  13. sandyut

yeah I spaced pics of the Monday steak...will try to make sure to include pics