AVG. fuel prices the pres quotes are BS....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW! Some of those numbers are shocking!

$3.60 here in the mountains for regular…. If I drive 45 minutes to Costco it about $3.00 ish. But it kinda defeats the savings to drive my truck that far. Plus - I am likely on my last winter on the AT’s I have on there now…so next year It’s 4 new AT’s (ouch)

Reactions: JLeonard
My gasser gets less mileage/gal, so it kind of equals out, with maybe a slight edge to the diesel.

My gasser gets less mileage/gal, so it kind of equals out, with maybe a slight edge to the diesel.
I agree with that fact but we accept that as reality lol. That was a cool diesel thing to say back when it was cheaper than gas lol. Now essentially you are getting comparable prices but almost same mileage. It's not cool

I agree with that fact but we accept that as reality lol. That was a cool diesel thing to say back when it was cheaper than gas lol. Now essentially you are getting comparable prices but almost same mileage. It's not cool
No argument here, but where diesels make up is in hauling. Mileage stays close to the same pulling a load or not.

Reactions: bigfurmn
I get that. All I'm saying is that since I have both options at today's prices, the diesel generally is what I drive. I'm getting somewhere around 18MPG diesel vs 13 to 14 with the gasser without a load.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Dave, I was looking into buying a truck with a 3.0 liter diesel but the MPG savings doesn't make up for the cost of the fuel!

paid $3.09 for regular last week at Costco in NY, now visiting my daughter in NC and it is $3.49

3.29/gallon at our no-frills pumps. All others up my way are 3.39.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky