As they say. It's easier to ask for forgiveness....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Now I already have the Ooni 16" Koda gas pizza oven. And love it. But a couple weeks ago I was at a guys house looking at his washing machine that broke down on him. Baby sock got sucked into the pump drain line. While standing in his garage shooting the breeze. I noticed something covered under a Ooni cover. Low and behold. It was a Ooni Fyra wood fire pizza oven. So, that got us talking! I mentioned to him that I heard that you didn't notice any wood smell or taste on the pizza. He said that wasn't true at all. It's every bit the same as a wood fired pizza from a pizza shop. And invited me to drop by later to try one.
Jim whipped up a simple Napolitan pizza. And it was amazing! Sooooo....
img33o.jpg

It just so happened that the military store had one for 50.00 off with no taxes. And free shipping. And it looks like this will fit perfecting on the cart I made for the blackstone griddle. And being smaller it is popular for taking on vacations. Ordered!!

Now I already have the Ooni 16" Koda gas pizza oven. And love it. But a couple weeks ago I was at a guys house looking at his washing machine that broke down on him. Baby sock got sucked into the pump drain line. While standing in his garage shooting the breeze. I noticed something covered under a Ooni cover. Low and behold. It was a Ooni Fyra wood fire pizza oven. So, that got us talking! I mentioned to him that I heard that you didn't notice any wood smell or taste on the pizza. He said that wasn't true at all. It's every bit the same as a wood fired pizza from a pizza shop. And invited me to drop by later to try one.
Jim whipped up a simple Napolitan pizza. And it was amazing! Sooooo....
View attachment 628829

It just so happened that the military store had one for 50.00 off with no taxes. And free shipping. And it looks like this will fit perfecting on the cart I made for the blackstone griddle. And being smaller it is popular for taking on vacations. Ordered!!
That is pretty cool, a pellet pizza oven. The carry bag looks pretty cool as well.

Reactions: Steve H
Interesting! I too had heard that you can't taste any benefit from the wood smoke. I have a Koda 12 and like using it for 2-3 people but have been thinking about selling it and getting the bigger Koda 16 for parties. Now you've got me thinking about some of the other options!

Interesting! I too had heard that you can't taste any benefit from the wood smoke. I have a Koda 12 and like using it for 2-3 people but have been thinking about selling it and getting the bigger Koda 16 for parties. Now you've got me thinking about some of the other options!

I was surprised as well. It is a nice subtle flavor of smoke like a wood fired oven.

Wow! That is awesome…..I was already going to impulse on a flat top, now you have me leaning here too! Good call!

You
re a bad boy Steve. Mommy is gonna revoke your credit card privileges if you do that again. It might be worth a time-out though to have the Ooni :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
What a great product. Does it get as hot as your current one? Cook times more or less? Can't wait for the first one from it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky