Article Scared Me...rinsing meat and distilled water

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
"Clean, potable water" is exactly that; something you'd drink.  Nothing further is required for making brine.  No need to boil it, no need to distill it, just stir the ingredients until dissolved, dump into a clean container, put the meat in and weigh down to keep it in the brine.  The KISS factor (Keep It Simple.....).  Dad used well water for years, the County would test it and it passed.   Then he got on city water, they'd test it, and it'd pass.  Simple.

Originally Posted by Drewed  

2. If you are getting "Distilled" or "Reverse Osmosis" water from one of the dispensing stations at a grocery store because it is safer than tap, or "cleaner," stop.  Just don't.  The dispense tubes on those things are so loaded with bacteria you would do just as well to drink from the hose.
Wait??? What???? We are not supposed to be drinking from the hose???? Uh-oh....

I lived in central PA most of the last 25 years. The bulk of that drinking municipal water from the Susquehanna River...South of Three Mile Island!  Can't get more Bacterial free then RADIATED WATER...Easy to find the Brined meat in the Dark too...JJ
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky