Applewood Smoked Apple Dumplings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Applewood Smoked Apple Dumplings

Granny Smith apples, cored/peeled and cut horizontally into four slices
Brown sugar mix, with white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
Butter
Pie dough
Graham Cracker Crumbles

Lay a pie sheet out, rub with sugar mix, apple slices with mix in between slices and a small pat of butter in the first slice.
Cram Graham Cracker Crumbles into core hole, and top with pat of butter and more sugar mix.
Wrap in dough, give it a egg wash and more sugar mix, top with Crumbles.

Bake or smoke at 300-325' till done. I'm smoking with Applewood at 300'.

Top with whatever you like, we'll do caramel, pecans and vanilla ice cream.

Recipe courtesy of Cowgirl.

I wish people would stop making these,I'm going to do it now! Peaches sound really good to me.

Money Shot

They were a hit with all but one person.
My picky 10yr'ol son, "It tastes funny, why'd you cook it on the BBQ?"
I gave his to his lil'sister, she gobbled it down and stared longingly at other people's apple dumplings.

Last edited:
I wish people would stop making these,I'm going to do it now! Peaches sound really good to me.

They are good. We amp up the adult servings by adding a bit of whiskey or Brandy...
I don't drink anymore, but brandy, schnapps or a even fruit liquer applied to these would be danged tasty.

That final shot looks delicious!

Definitely worthy of a dessert point!

Al
yeahthat.gif

What Al Said !!!
drool.gif

MMMMMmmmmm..........
drool.gif

Awesome!----Points.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky