Apple Sauce Chicken-Loaf Pan!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
A “go to” at my house. Apple sauce chicken. Simple and fool proof. A modified recipe by Chris Lilly.
6FD950BA-42F9-4CE9-A7CF-5DC6B4DAB1E5.jpeg

The ingredients: black pepper, garlic salt, cumin, coriander, celery salt, paprika, raw sugar. Mix together..
DC04418F-C0AA-435B-BEE3-0FC10C1D6238.jpeg

My apple sauce ingredients..apple sauce, cinnamon and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the top of the chicken...and then add rub.
7CC8500B-073D-437B-900A-43F1A93A87C4.jpeg

Modified Oklahoma Joe, keeping steady at 300 degrees. (Apple wood )
FBFEDA70-D5B1-47F7-AAB0-6B85FBF6CEC6.jpeg

2.5 hours later
5F8194D0-D4D6-4112-8E6F-7DFE425B48A7.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Applesauce and sugar that’s creative thinking does most of the sugars cook off or is it still sweet when finished?

Looks and sounds good yankee. I've never thought to put applesauce over chicken.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: yankee2bbq
interesting . I bet that is good .
Very good and moist! Every time I make it, always a hit at my house.

Applesauce and sugar that’s creative thinking does most of the sugars cook off or is it still sweet when finished?
Still sweet when finished, but not overly sweet. That turbinano sugar in the rub is awesome!

It looks delicious!
You should call it chicken in a coffin!
Al
YEAP! That’s funny! Thanks for the like Al!

Looks great! I'm ready to try it. Being new to this smoking thing I've never seen this recipe.
You should try it. Like I said, never had one be dry, always very moist and great flavor.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

.....and when you cook for two most days like I do, the leftovers are great. Ours are going in burritos tonight!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky