1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anybody own a Lang ?

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by triplebq, Feb 15, 2018.

1. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Am looking at buying a new trailer smoker and am looking closely at a Lang. For my budget I think they are excellent but would like to know everybody's opinion or suggest another brand .

Thank You Buddy

2. radioguy

radioguy Smoking Fanatic

Langs are pretty good. Check out Shirley Fabrication. More room and bang for the buck...IMHO. There is about a year wait list.

RG

3. ritchierich

ritchierich Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Buddy I have a lang84 and its performs awesome just like they claim! Very solid build. I use it year round. My only grip is its heavy and can not push it around the yard so I have to hook up the truck to fine tune the spot I want it in. I am thinking about putting a wheel up front to see if that helps. I have fed hundreds of people off that rig in rain or shine! Make sure you got a good hook up on wood...I go thru a lot and being picky about what wood I want burn sometimes get me in a jam. Ritchie

triplebq likes this.
  4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have the small 36" patio model.
    I love it!
    Al

triplebq likes this.
  5. sauced

sauced Master of the Pit

I would love to have one!!!! LOL

triplebq likes this.
  6. johnh12

johnh12 Smoke Blower

I had a 36 patio that worked great a`s Al said. Sold it and got a 60D for the extra room. It's just the right size for home cooking and some larger cooks.
    Go 84 or bigger if you plan many really big cooks.
    I'm sure the SF cookers are great but the 18 month wait and non-refundable deposit were show stoppers for me. The Lang wait was 4 weeks and they are only 100 mile from me.
    You won't go wrong with a Lang of any size IMO.

triplebq likes this.
  7. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Thanks guys !

8. radio

radio Smoking Fanatic

I have looked a lot of stick burners! Peoria Custom Cookers would be my choice hands down!

triplebq likes this.
  9. 73saint

73saint Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Love my Lang. When I upgrade smokers, it'll be another Lang (just a bigger one)!

triplebq likes this.
  10. Co4ch D4ve

Co4ch D4ve Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Radio,
    I’m in the market for a new stick burner and I like the looks of the Peoria Custom Cookers too. Trying to figure out how I’m going to pay for and get it to Ohio!

triplebq likes this.
  11. emac221

emac221 Smoke Blower

Just ordered a Lang 60 deluxe and just sold my Lang 48 hybrid now wondering if I should call back and get the 84 deluxe so so so tempted

triplebq likes this.
  12. johnh12

johnh12 Smoke Blower

Depends on what your cooking plans are. The 60D will hold a bunch of meat. I believe the 84 is more for someone running a catering or restaurant business.

triplebq likes this.
  13. emac221

emac221 Smoke Blower

I actually did Oder the 84 then called back and changed it because my wife is nerves of the door weight on opening it since she also

triplebq likes this.
  14. emac221

emac221 Smoke Blower

I cook for a small food cart that my wife and I have and cook 3x a year at work for a 100 people and do lot of pick up catering

triplebq likes this.
  15. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

24vm2j.jpg

triplebq likes this.
  16. hardcookin

hardcookin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I would get the 84D...sides and chicken take up a lot of room.
    I have a 84d and love it.

17. emac221

emac221 Smoke Blower

No no don’t do this to ma lol

18. hardcookin

hardcookin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It's nice to have some room to spread out especially if your looking at catering or pre-order stuff.
    Decent size warmer " 3 full pans" which comes in handy.

19. emac221

emac221 Smoke Blower

I am seriously considering the 84 there going to think I am off my rockers if I call back

20. grandpax4

grandpax4 Fire Starter

Pretty sure I am going Peoria Custom too 24 X 48