• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anybody own a Lang ?

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2009
Am looking at buying a new trailer smoker and am looking closely at a Lang. For my budget I think they are excellent but would like to know everybody's opinion or suggest another brand .

Thank You Buddy

radioguy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 12, 2013
Langs are pretty good. Check out Shirley Fabrication. More room and bang for the buck...IMHO. There is about a year wait list.

RG

ritchierich

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 15, 2014
Buddy I have a lang84 and its performs awesome just like they claim! Very solid build. I use it year round. My only grip is its heavy and can not push it around the yard so I have to hook up the truck to fine tune the spot I want it in. I am thinking about putting a wheel up front to see if that helps. I have fed hundreds of people off that rig in rain or shine! Make sure you got a good hook up on wood...I go thru a lot and being picky about what wood I want burn sometimes get me in a jam. Ritchie

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I have the small 36" patio model.
I love it!
Al

johnh12

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 22, 2016
I had a 36 patio that worked great a`s Al said. Sold it and got a 60D for the extra room. It's just the right size for home cooking and some larger cooks.
Go 84 or bigger if you plan many really big cooks.
I'm sure the SF cookers are great but the 18 month wait and non-refundable deposit were show stoppers for me. The Lang wait was 4 weeks and they are only 100 mile from me.
You won't go wrong with a Lang of any size IMO.

radio

Master of the Pit
Joined Jul 28, 2013
I have looked a lot of stick burners! Peoria Custom Cookers would be my choice hands down!

73saint

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Love my Lang. When I upgrade smokers, it'll be another Lang (just a bigger one)!

Co4ch D4ve

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 30, 2017
Radio,
I’m in the market for a new stick burner and I like the looks of the Peoria Custom Cookers too. Trying to figure out how I’m going to pay for and get it to Ohio!

emac221

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 14, 2016
Just ordered a Lang 60 deluxe and just sold my Lang 48 hybrid now wondering if I should call back and get the 84 deluxe so so so tempted

johnh12

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 22, 2016
Just ordered a Lang 60 deluxe and just sold my Lang 48 hybrid now wondering if I should call back and get the 84 deluxe so so so tempted
Depends on what your cooking plans are. The 60D will hold a bunch of meat. I believe the 84 is more for someone running a catering or restaurant business.

emac221

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 14, 2016
I actually did Oder the 84 then called back and changed it because my wife is nerves of the door weight on opening it since she also

emac221

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 14, 2016
I cook for a small food cart that my wife and I have and cook 3x a year at work for a 100 people and do lot of pick up catering

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
I cook for a small food cart that my wife and I have and cook 3x a year at work for a 100 people and do lot of pick up catering
I would get the 84D...sides and chicken take up a lot of room.
I have a 84d and love it.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
No no don’t do this to ma lol
It's nice to have some room to spread out especially if your looking at catering or pre-order stuff.
Decent size warmer " 3 full pans" which comes in handy.

emac221

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 14, 2016
I am seriously considering the 84 there going to think I am off my rockers if I call back

grandpax4

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 13, 2015
Radio,
I’m in the market for a new stick burner and I like the looks of the Peoria Custom Cookers too. Trying to figure out how I’m going to pay for and get it to Ohio!
Pretty sure I am going Peoria Custom too 24 X 48

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks