Anybody own a Lang ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
Am looking at buying a new trailer smoker and am looking closely at a Lang. For my budget I think they are excellent but would like to know everybody's opinion or suggest another brand .

Thank You Buddy

Langs are pretty good. Check out Shirley Fabrication. More room and bang for the buck...IMHO. There is about a year wait list.

RG

Buddy I have a lang84 and its performs awesome just like they claim! Very solid build. I use it year round. My only grip is its heavy and can not push it around the yard so I have to hook up the truck to fine tune the spot I want it in. I am thinking about putting a wheel up front to see if that helps. I have fed hundreds of people off that rig in rain or shine! Make sure you got a good hook up on wood...I go thru a lot and being picky about what wood I want burn sometimes get me in a jam. Ritchie

Reactions: triplebq
I had a 36 patio that worked great a`s Al said. Sold it and got a 60D for the extra room. It's just the right size for home cooking and some larger cooks.
Go 84 or bigger if you plan many really big cooks.
I'm sure the SF cookers are great but the 18 month wait and non-refundable deposit were show stoppers for me. The Lang wait was 4 weeks and they are only 100 mile from me.
You won't go wrong with a Lang of any size IMO.

Radio,
I’m in the market for a new stick burner and I like the looks of the Peoria Custom Cookers too. Trying to figure out how I’m going to pay for and get it to Ohio!

Just ordered a Lang 60 deluxe and just sold my Lang 48 hybrid now wondering if I should call back and get the 84 deluxe so so so tempted

Just ordered a Lang 60 deluxe and just sold my Lang 48 hybrid now wondering if I should call back and get the 84 deluxe so so so tempted
Depends on what your cooking plans are. The 60D will hold a bunch of meat. I believe the 84 is more for someone running a catering or restaurant business.

I actually did Oder the 84 then called back and changed it because my wife is nerves of the door weight on opening it since she also

I cook for a small food cart that my wife and I have and cook 3x a year at work for a 100 people and do lot of pick up catering

24vm2j.jpg

I am seriously considering the 84 there going to think I am off my rockers if I call back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky