Any Missourian members go deer hunting today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Well, today was opening day of rifle season for deer here in Missouri. I had planned to go to the tree stand first thing and then come home and do some welding on the smoker. Unfortunately things didn't quite work out like that. I caught the flu bug yesterday at work. Hit me like a freight train too. So I spent the entire day going from my bed to the computer to the toilet and back to bed. Just a continuous circle all day. Didn't watch any football either. :( It's 11 pm here and my fever just broke. Hopefully this is it. But I doubt it.
So anyway, how'd my fellow deer hunters do today? I saw the 10 point buck I've been after for the last 4 years, the other day in a roadside ditch. I thought someone had poached him, but his antlers were still intact and I saw no wounds. So I guess a vehicle must have gotten him. It's amazing how after you pursue one of these things for so long, you form an intimate relationship with them in the fact that you can pick them out of a line up just like your own kids.

i didnt go hunting---
i am helping watch my honeys grand kids as their father went hunting.

last week
the 14 yr old got a 100 lb doe ---in some kind of sponsored contest.

the venison sausage seasoning is en route.

my honeys --
son in law--
the one that i help watch his kids --
got a ten point-190 lb buck
sunday---11/12/06

he gets one most yrs.
he bow hunts in mo . or ill.
depending on where his buddies and him choose.

he rifle hunts -locally if he doesnt get one with bow.

bow season is before gun season.
i have [from library]
a copy of the venison sausage cookbook--
by h.w. webster in my left hand right now..

I wish I would have seen your post months ago, 2006 season I gave up my 308 win for a 44mag single action wheel gun and now will probally never go back to a rifle " unless the meat gets low lol "
Sorry you missed opening day and I hope you got a chance to fill your tags the following weekend.
c3b96cd0_vbattach11786.jpg

Boy I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t hunted with a handgun in years, Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a real trip, I usta use a 357 mag early Dan Wesson w/8" barrel and an Aimpoint…what fun, and frees your hands up climbing those West Penn Hills. Good Deal!

I did not get a chance to hunt.
I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 mag a couple years ago with the intention to go back to Iowa and hunt Monsters. Then they raised their out-of-state tags up over 300 bucks. Now the 44 mag goes boar hunting with me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky