Another whole piggy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dooch

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Started Saturday morning, 3:00 AM, RF Smoker grill heated to 250 degrees at 4:00, 60 lb. pig on.

She was stuffed with spiced rice, onions, garlic, hot peppers, and rubbed liberally with Tex-Mex seasoning.

Let her go 12 hours with apple juice and water in the pans.

Fall off the bone tender, juicy, and Deelicious.

Fed a crowd of approx. 40 with some for lunch on Sunday!

yup... I agree... there is nothing better than those pictures.. cept I would love to see it served.. you carving? pulling? skin going in with the chopped or served on the side for those wanting? 

either way.. good job!!!!

yup... I agree... there is nothing better than those pictures.. cept I would love to see it served.. you carving? pulling? skin going in with the chopped or served on the side for those wanting?

either way.. good job!!!!

No need to carve, cut the skin with poultry shears and it practically fell away from the meat, the meat pulled wonderfully, was fall off the bone.

Tenderloins came out in one piece, just lifted them out by hand, but were juicy, and tender.

Skin was chewy, and anyone wanting it crisp had to throw it on the gas grill to crisp it up.

How do I get a good crisp skin right off the smoker??

I did rub it with olive oil before cooking.

Dooch, afternoon.....  That is one beautiful pig....   Great job.....   Aren't the leftovers the best you ever ate.....    Love 'em.....   

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky