Another Steak Test (Rib Steak on my Indoor Grill)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Another Steak Test (Rib Steak on my Indoor Grill)

That first Ribeye I did the other week was a little less than satisfactory, and you may remember I had said I thought maybe I didn’t preheat it good enough.
I believe I was right, because I waited longer this time, and I had much better results.
I got real nice Grill marks, and the inside was pretty close to Perfect (for us).

Again, before starting, I marinated One Rib Steak in Lawry’s Teriyaki for 4 hours in my Fridge.
So I waited a few minutes AFTER the heating lights stopped blinking, and put the Ribeye on, and left it there for 4 minutes @ 450°.
Then I just moved it about 45°, without flipping it.
Then after another 4 minutes, I flipped it.
Then after another 4 minutes I moved it about 45° again.
I left it in that position for about 6 minutes, and then pulled it off & plated it.

From there, I sliced off Mrs Bear’s portion, plated mine, and added Sugar Snap Peas & Sweet Tater Fries.

While I was eating, we had 5 visitors in the front yard, so I took a couple Pics for you guys to see.

So far I like this Smokeless Indoor Grill quite a bit, but so far it’s not good enough to use it when the weather is nice enough to use my Gas Grill or MES on my front porch.

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

One Ribeye marinating in Lawry's Teriyaki Marinade:
IMG_3178.jpg

Onto the Smokeless Indoor Grill:
IMG_3179.jpg

After first flip:
IMG_3180.jpg

Removed from Grill:
IMG_3181.jpg

Split for the two of us---Done just right:
IMG_3182.jpg

Bear's Supper, with Sugar Snap Peas & Sweet Tater Fries:
IMG_3183.jpg

Visitors eating grass, before the next snow covers it:
IMG_3176.jpg

A closer Look:
IMG_3177.jpg

Well guess I need to go get a steak for supper now ,,, Looks like you're getting that grill worked out .
Those are some healthy Does . Thanks for the pics .

What's that green crap out there? Must be nice.

That steak looks mighty good to me. Nice and red - just the way I like them.

Point for sure.
Chris

Har! I thought we were the only couple that split a steak! An indoor grill has some appeal in the winter here in the mountains and that steak looks might good! Big like!

Yep. Looks Great, Bear.
Very nice Pro Grill lines caramelized in there.
Picture Perfect!
I bet things only get better from here on.

Points!

And you need a sack of rolled Oats for the Deer. :emoji_wink:
I have Black Oil Sunflower seeds out back for 'my' Doves, and year round feeders for 'my' Hummingbirds.

Bear, pretty nice for an inside steak! That cooker looks easy and quick, have you tried salmon on it? That looks like it would be a good fish cooker.

Yes sir another fine Bear meal. Just hope we get some good weather to cook outside.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Not supposed to be Crazy cold for next two weeks---Shouldn't be much left after that.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Well guess I need to go get a steak for supper now ,,, Looks like you're getting that grill worked out .
Those are some healthy Does . Thanks for the pics .

Thank You Rich!!
Looks like the Irish Spring soap pieces I have hanging on strings, in 8 of my Leyland Cypress is working. None of them got ruined by Deer this year!!

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Fine looking steak there Bear and not a bad looking heard in the yard. Like!

Weedeater

Thank You Much!!
LOL---There's usually 3 to 7 in the back yard.
I don't know why these 5 came to the front yard.
They're always fun to watch!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks like you got that little indoor marvel dialed in. Just a little practice.
Deer are fun to watch. Just saw 8 go by a little bit ago. Not near as close though.

What's that green crap out there? Must be nice.

That steak looks mighty good to me. Nice and red - just the way I like them.

Point for sure.
Chris

Thank You Chris!
It was all white again, a few hours after I took those Pics.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Har! I thought we were the only couple that split a steak! An indoor grill has some appeal in the winter here in the mountains and that steak looks might good! Big like!

Thank You Disco!!
LOL---Yeah we have evolved over our 50+ years of Marriage.
We started with Me eating all of my Steak & Half of hers.
Then it went to Me eating All of mine & Part of hers.
Then Me eating All of my steak & her saving part of hers for Me to eat the next day.
Then We both started saving Part of our Steaks & I'd eat that the next day.
Then We both started saving more of our steaks & I'd eat the leftovers over the next 2 days.
Now we Split One Steak about 70/30%, and usually manage to eat it all. If not I finish the rest the next day.
It's definitely cheaper for the 2 of us to eat nowadays!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks real good John!
Won't be long & you'll be cooking outside again.
This winter has been crazy for us too, supposed to be in the high 80's all next week.
It might as well be summer. I refuse to turn on my A/C in February.
Last year I broke down & ran it a few days in March, but Feb., come on!!
Al

Looks real good John!
Won't be long & you'll be cooking outside again.
This winter has been crazy for us too, supposed to be in the high 80's all next week.
It might as well be summer. I refuse to turn on my A/C in February.
Last year I broke down & ran it a few days in March, but Feb., come on!!
Al

I know what you mean Al.
For us it's been a strange Winter!
I had one month that my Gas furnace ran the whole month, day & night.
And another month where the Heat Pump took care of the job for just about every day & night.

Should be warming up soon.
No AC needed here for awhile though.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yep. Looks Great, Bear.
Very nice Pro Grill lines caramelized in there.
Picture Perfect!
I bet things only get better from here on.

Points!

And you need a sack of rolled Oats for the Deer. :emoji_wink:
I have Black Oil Sunflower seeds out back for 'my' Doves, and year round feeders for 'my' Hummingbirds.

Thanks Sonny.
I don't try to lure Deer to my yard, so the buck can ruin my trees, but they do mow some grass, and clean up the Oil Seeds under my Bird Feeders.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear, pretty nice for an inside steak! That cooker looks easy and quick, have you tried salmon on it? That looks like it would be a good fish cooker.

Thank You civil!!
I haven't yet, but I think I have a couple Haddock Fillets waiting their turn.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky