amnps issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If the pellets are not making it around the corner, then it's most likely an air flow/oxygen issue or you didn't fill the row to the top with pellets.

MES Old Model

Light the AMNPS 5x8 and place it on the rails towards the bottom of the smoker

Pull the chip pan out about 1 1/2"

Pull the chip loader out 2"

Exhaust WIDE open

No water in the water pan

MES New Gen 2

Remove water pan and place on the floor

Light the AMNPS 5x8 and place it on the hole where the water pan used to sit

Pull the chip loader out 2" and rotate so it is in the "Dump" position

Exhaust WIDE open

No water in the water pan

Rows should be filled with pellets to the top

Below is a pic of an AMNPS that DOES NOT have enough pellets in it to continue burning

My customer could not get more than 2 hours of burning out of the tray.

Once we figured out he wasn't filling the rows with enough pellets, his problem was fixed

I received the amnps today and the pics do it no justice. It looked okay in pics, but this thing is heavy duty! I haven't used it but it's a well built piece of equipment. Any doubts i had about the quality are gone. Nice piece and i bought a heat gun from Wagner and it fires up pellets immediately. Just plug in and you're ready to start it up. It fits like it was made for the MES and can't wait to try it! Five stats to Todd on the quality.

Have not read all the posts so if this has been covered I do apologize. Just had a nightmare with mine. Tried all the heat the pellets in the smoker, dry them in the micro on a paper plate advice that was offered. In my case what worked wad to bury in pellets in a large pan. Take a small ruler and screet the top...like what is done when working concrete. Fill the rows right to the top. Get it burning, either with a small torch or by using the Rutland gel that Todd sells. After 10 minutes blow it out.
Mine burned for over 12 hours yesterday...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky