• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Almond Toffee

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Anyone with a sweet tooth? I made two batches of almond toffee today. Always goes good around the holidays. I didn't show start to finish since I had my hands full.

In the pan to cool.

Broken into pieces and ready to eat.

Almond Toffee

2 cups real butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups sliced almonds
6 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp corn syrup
½ tsp vanilla
Chocolate for coating.

Melt butter, add sugar, blend in almonds, water, syrup and vanilla. Cook to 300 degrees.
Spread in buttered cookie sheet (large). When cooled, wipe top with paper towel to remove butter. Melt chocolate and spread over top. I sprinkle ground almonds over top of chocolate (whirled in food processor). Break in pieces.

Thanks for looking at my candy project.

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
That went right straight on my list...thanks Bassman

justpassingthru

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2009
Not only did that go on my to do list, I'll be buying the almonds and chocolate tomorrow so that I can make it Saturday afternoon, thank you Bassman.

Gene

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Thanks for sharing this one. It is now in the recipe file

walle

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 21, 2009
Dang, pard - that looks better than Enstroms!!Good on ya! I may end up burning down the kitchen trying to whip up a batch of this.POINTS!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now that sure looks yummO there Bassman.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
that looks great, going to try it soon

dalton

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 26, 2010
OMG   my auntie makes that every christmas and wont share the recipie!!!   I have been asking for if for years!!!

THANKS!!

dalton

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Gene, it doesn't have to be pretty to be good.  Once it's broken into pieces, you can't tell anyway!

Dalton, give this a try.  I may just be better than auntie's.

smokeamotive

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2009
Bassman, what kjnd of chocolate did you use? Milk? Semi Sweet? Sure looks good! Gonna have to put that on the list for the holidays

Last edited:

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Bassman, what kjnd of chocolate did you use? Milk? Semi Sweet? Sure looks good! Gonna have to put that on the list for the holidays
Well, I cheated with the chocolate.  While it was still hot but starting to set up, I wiped it down with paper towels to remove the butter, then scattered about a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips on top.  Let it set for a couple of minutes and spread.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thanks Bassman!

Looks mighty tasty!

It's always good to have an extra diet food recipe. 

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.