All Nighter

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ga_smoker, Aug 27, 2006.

1. I've just started a 5lb butt in my modded ECB. It's rubbed with Bad Byrons Butt Rub over a coat of mustard. Nice lunch for the wife and I tomorrow.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 5:30am.....4 hours in and looking good.
    [​IMG]

3. joed617

joed617 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looking real good.. Nice bark and and color ... what time is dinner?

Joe

4. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Mmmmmm!!!

Meowey

5. It's noon and we have pulled pork. This is the 1st butt that I foiled and I am now a firm believer. I foiled at 165 degrees and it hit 205 at 8:30am. I wrapped it in a towel until noon. When I unwrapped it, it just began falling apart....like butter-meat! I pulled it all and splashed on my finishing sauce (recipe from Jack's Old South) and it's the best butt I've done so far.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Excellent, Steve!

Kudos!

Thank you for sharing this great moment in your smoking career! You have done us all proud! Now if you will excuse me I need more paper towels! And a trip to the fridge.

Cheers!

7. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Beautiful smoke ring!

Mmmmmmm, again!

Meowey

8. nmayeux

nmayeux Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I guess my invite blew off the mantle! Nice looking pork, and congrats on a great cook.

9. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I heard that Noah :!: and I bet the Bulldogs were playing in Athens this weekend 8)

10. That’s a mighty purty tray of pulled pork, Steve, I’m having a hard time typing with my fingers splashing around on my keyboard…Slurp!

Good Job!

11. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

looks real good Steve... time for an almost mid-night snack..

12. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

very nice work.

Thanks for the pictures.

13. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Steve, Great job and great pictures! Pork Butts down now on to the brisket!!

14. smokemack

smokemack Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Good lookin' pork Steve, very nice job.

15. prplptcrzr2003

prplptcrzr2003 Smoke Blower OTBS Member

Steve....you have inspired me! Wow, that is a nice looking hunk o' pork! Great pics - I think I am going to try this real soon.
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on an awesome smoke!