All Nighter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ga_smoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Wilmington, North Carolina
I've just started a 5lb butt in my modded ECB. It's rubbed with Bad Byrons Butt Rub over a coat of mustard. Nice lunch for the wife and I tomorrow.

Steve
624e1649_vbattach10921.jpg

cd0fe8ab_vbattach10920.jpg

It's noon and we have pulled pork. This is the 1st butt that I foiled and I am now a firm believer. I foiled at 165 degrees and it hit 205 at 8:30am. I wrapped it in a towel until noon. When I unwrapped it, it just began falling apart....like butter-meat! I pulled it all and splashed on my finishing sauce (recipe from Jack's Old South) and it's the best butt I've done so far.

Steve
f8483964_vbattach10924.jpg

2bb36332_vbattach10925.jpg

8b15acdb_vbattach10923.jpg

Excellent, Steve!

Kudos!

Thank you for sharing this great moment in your smoking career! You have done us all proud! Now if you will excuse me I need more paper towels! And a trip to the fridge.

Cheers!

Steve, Great job and great pictures! Pork Butts down now on to the brisket!!

Steve....you have inspired me! Wow, that is a nice looking hunk o' pork! Great pics - I think I am going to try this real soon.
Thanks for sharing and congrats on an awesome smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky