Aldi Corned Beef 1.99lb (point cut) 5/1/21 sell by date

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zippy12

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 6, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
20210227_121709.jpg
20210227_121719.jpg

Where is it from Zippy wife hates Aldi because most of their stuff comes from overseas and they are china owned.

Warren
Here’s a good read on Aldi Warren. They have transformed in the US over the last few years to an interesting mix of cheap generic stuff and then more gourmet stuff which would be like Trader Joe’s https://www.aldireviewer.com/who-owns-aldi/

Reactions: Mathias
I probably prefer American cows, but if a foreign cow went through the proper channels and got a passport then I'll allow it.

I'd hope "proper channels" would mean the cows had been thru the full vaccination process, we've already got enough weird strains of the virus cropping up. RAY

Where is it from Zippy wife hates Aldi because most of their stuff comes from overseas and they are china owned.

Warren

Aldi's is German owned and their headquarters is in Essen, Germany..
I would assume the meat is from the USA

I looked all over one of their corned beef packages and all I could find is "USDA Choice". No "country of origin" or "Product of xyz" anywhere on the package. These briskets have 35% added water or solution that the cooking instructions say to include in cooking because it's included in the weight.

As a follow-up, I've dug a little deeper into this and a spokesperson for Aldi's says that if it's NOT a product of the USA, then it will have a country of origin on the package. Take that for what it's worth.

I've still got mine brining as we speak....

Here’s a good read on Aldi Warren. They have transformed in the US over the last few years to an interesting mix of cheap generic stuff and then more gourmet stuff which would be like Trader Joe’s https://www.aldireviewer.com/who-owns-aldi/

Thanks I have not researched anything on the store just going by what wife has said. Now maybe I can start an argument and win you think?? :emoji_laughing:

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky