• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Aldi Corned Beef 1.99lb (point cut) 5/1/21 sell by date

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Where is it from Zippy wife hates Aldi because most of their stuff comes from overseas and they are china owned.

Warren

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Where is it from Zippy wife hates Aldi because most of their stuff comes from overseas and they are china owned.

Warren
Here’s a good read on Aldi Warren. They have transformed in the US over the last few years to an interesting mix of cheap generic stuff and then more gourmet stuff which would be like Trader Joe’s https://www.aldireviewer.com/who-owns-aldi/

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I probably prefer American cows, but if a foreign cow went through the proper channels and got a passport then I'll allow it.
I'd hope "proper channels" would mean the cows had been thru the full vaccination process, we've already got enough weird strains of the virus cropping up. RAY

Smoking Allowed

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 13, 2021

Warren
Aldi's is German owned and their headquarters is in Essen, Germany..
I would assume the meat is from the USA
I looked all over one of their corned beef packages and all I could find is "USDA Choice". No "country of origin" or "Product of xyz" anywhere on the package. These briskets have 35% added water or solution that the cooking instructions say to include in cooking because it's included in the weight.

Smoking Allowed

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 13, 2021
As a follow-up, I've dug a little deeper into this and a spokesperson for Aldi's says that if it's NOT a product of the USA, then it will have a country of origin on the package. Take that for what it's worth.

I've still got mine brining as we speak....

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Here’s a good read on Aldi Warren. They have transformed in the US over the last few years to an interesting mix of cheap generic stuff and then more gourmet stuff which would be like Trader Joe’s https://www.aldireviewer.com/who-owns-aldi/
Thanks I have not researched anything on the store just going by what wife has said. Now maybe I can start an argument and win you think?? :emoji_laughing:

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like zippy it is appreciated.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.