• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Advise on new meat thermometer

Tulkas13

Fire Starter
Joined May 11, 2020
Looking to get a new meat thermometer.
100 bucks is my budget.
I use a 22 inch smokey mountain smoker.
I dont have anything to really rest it on so it being heat resistant n can just be on the smoker itself would be a huge plus.
Having multi prongs or whatever it's called is a must. When I smoke I usually do 2 diff types of meats.
I appreciate any help. Thank you guys ur all great!!

TGRIMMOSU#1

Meat Mopper
Joined May 26, 2020
Looking to get a new meat thermometer.
100 bucks is my budget.
I use a 22 inch smokey mountain smoker.
I dont have anything to really rest it on so it being heat resistant n can just be on the smoker itself would be a huge plus.
Having multi prongs or whatever it's called is a must. When I smoke I usually do 2 diff types of meats.
I appreciate any help. Thank you guys ur all great!!
I have the Ink Bird 4 probe wifi. Been using it for about a year with the only issue being sometimes the chart feature won't work. But it always connects to my phone and works properly. But I wouldnt stick it directly to my smokers

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
There is an entire section of the website dedicated to meat thermometers. It's down below pellet grills in equipment. Find all the info you could ever want there. Good luck. I second the Inkbird wifi suggestion though.

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 18, 2021
I third the Inkbird. But , please check out the Thermoworks Smoke X2 or X4. Its a life time thermometer and it will drive the Bellows too if you ever need. I know it's more money but it might save money in the long run.

olecrosseyes

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jul 16, 2007
Thermoworks Smoke X4, It's a lifetime thermometer and it will drive the Bellows. MK4 from them is also a great product.
On the lighter side would be a Maverick ET 732 . I still use it from 15+/- years now.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
thermoworks and inkbird are very popular on this site. I have used both and both are solid. slightly partial to the thermoworks as I have used them longer. they make them all, instant reads (MK4), single probes (DOTS) and multiprobes. I have a couple DOTS and an MK4 used them for years without issue. if you happen to break on they will fix it for a fee and recalibrate it - which includes a calibration record sheet. Not bad when you buy a $100 thermometer.

boxkiller

Joined Sep 15, 2017
I am a Thermoworks Smoke user, I would recommend them. If your not in a rush they usually have sales or you can find discount codes.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
This has been a very reliable unit. I do have the other ink bird also. Occasionally lose WiFi connection . Very easy to set.

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
I recently got the Meater and I will never go back. Blue and wireless connectivity and very accurate. I have all the others and they are all good but the Meater has them all beat.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
I recently got the Meater and I will never go back.
Funny, I got one for Christmas and havent used it yet. not sure why. likely because my rectec has the probe temps on the same screen as the temp setting and I just need one app. I was to try it one day.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.