Advise on new meat thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tulkas13

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 11, 2020
Looking to get a new meat thermometer.
100 bucks is my budget.
I use a 22 inch smokey mountain smoker.
I dont have anything to really rest it on so it being heat resistant n can just be on the smoker itself would be a huge plus.
Having multi prongs or whatever it's called is a must. When I smoke I usually do 2 diff types of meats.
I appreciate any help. Thank you guys ur all great!!

Looking to get a new meat thermometer.
100 bucks is my budget.
I use a 22 inch smokey mountain smoker.
I dont have anything to really rest it on so it being heat resistant n can just be on the smoker itself would be a huge plus.
Having multi prongs or whatever it's called is a must. When I smoke I usually do 2 diff types of meats.
I appreciate any help. Thank you guys ur all great!!
I have the Ink Bird 4 probe wifi. Been using it for about a year with the only issue being sometimes the chart feature won't work. But it always connects to my phone and works properly. But I wouldnt stick it directly to my smokers

Reactions: bigfurmn
There is an entire section of the website dedicated to meat thermometers. It's down below pellet grills in equipment. Find all the info you could ever want there. Good luck. I second the Inkbird wifi suggestion though.

I third the Inkbird. But , please check out the Thermoworks Smoke X2 or X4. Its a life time thermometer and it will drive the Bellows too if you ever need. I know it's more money but it might save money in the long run.

I have the Ink Bird 4 probe wifi. Been using it for about a year with the only issue being sometimes the chart feature won't work. But it always connects to my phone and works properly. But I wouldnt stick it directly to my smokers
Is this what u was talking bout for ink bird???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-073403_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-073403_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 15
thermoworks and inkbird are very popular on this site. I have used both and both are solid. slightly partial to the thermoworks as I have used them longer. they make them all, instant reads (MK4), single probes (DOTS) and multiprobes. I have a couple DOTS and an MK4 used them for years without issue. if you happen to break on they will fix it for a fee and recalibrate it - which includes a calibration record sheet. Not bad when you buy a $100 thermometer.

This has been a very reliable unit. I do have the other ink bird also. Occasionally lose WiFi connection . Very easy to set.

I recently got the Meater and I will never go back.
Funny, I got one for Christmas and havent used it yet. not sure why. likely because my rectec has the probe temps on the same screen as the temp setting and I just need one app. I was to try it one day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky