New smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alan Maples

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
My new smoker arrived a couple of days ago. I haven't put it together yet, so this is a downloaded picture of one. It's a Cuisinart 18. Yes, a Weber Smoky Mountain would be better, but it wasn't in the budget. I plan to smoke country style ribs as the initial smoke. Any of y'all have one? How many racks of baby backs can you smoke with it?

Attachments

• 4NNGDM0000010_VA_999.jpeg
    4NNGDM0000010_VA_999.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 5
I think that's what I have, it works very well, haven't tried to load a lot on it yet,

Congrats on the new toy, umm I mean precision smoking instrument ;)

I don't have the Cuisinart but I have the 18 WSM so the grates should be similar size. With ribs the issue is "most" racks of ribs are longer than 18" so you have to get creative.

Measure the ribs before you buy them and get the shortest ones you can find.
You could trim them to fit.
You could get a rib rack so you can maximize the space you have. The ribs would stand vertically instead of horizontally and the ends curled around
You could curve them into a circle and secure them with toothpicks.

If you are keeping them horizontal and lay them flat you are probably talking 2 racks on each grate.

Reactions: JLeonard
Congrats on the new toy, umm I mean precision smoking instrument ;)

I don't have the Cuisinart but I have the 18 WSM so the grates should be similar size. With ribs the issue is "most" racks of ribs are longer than 18" so you have to get creative.

Measure the ribs before you buy them and get the shortest ones you can find.
You could trim them to fit.
You could get a rib rack so you can maximize the space you have. The ribs would stand vertically instead of horizontally and the ends curled around
You could curve them into a circle and secure them with toothpicks.

If you are keeping them horizontal and lay them flat you are probably talking 2 racks on each grate.
Going to get Weber rib racks.. I should be able to smoke 10 racks

Reactions: ron50
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky