Accidental New Guy......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ebcbmbxb

Original poster
Feb 18, 2019
Cleveland, OH
Never smoked before but love cooking on a grill. My wife and I moved here 2 years ago from IL and never got around to replacing my grill I had. Happen to walk into Walmart the other night to a series of big box store grills on clearance.

Found this AMAZING DEAL!!!

View media item 554370
This was on clearance for $100.00 dollars!!!
I have been doing a TON of research on smoking for the past 2 days and now want to hear from you guys. Where should I really start? I love Brisket but I know that is one of the harder meats to master.

All advice welcome!!

Thanks,

Erich

Welcome to the board! Many here suggest starting with chicken pieces because it's quick, easy, and mistakes are not expensive. It's a good way to learn the quirks of your smoker.

I was lucky on a $100 deal, too; I got the stick burner in my sig and I've been loving it.

Last edited:
I don't see a picture of it but congrats,a small pork butt or shoulder is hard to mess up ,please post what type of smoker and pictures are very easy here as you don't have to use a 3rd party to host them

I have the picture hosted on this site so unsure why it is not showing for you. It is an OK Joes Long Combo.

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join up. Still no picture showing up.

Chris

No pic here either but I would vote for the pork butt. It is a longer cook and gives you time to learn how your smoker works. Your next purchase needs to be a remote thermometer that you can rely on and trust instead of the unreliable manufacturer therm.

Weedeater

Pay attention guys chopsaw has said and is true when you first join even your replies to a post are screened before being posted and as said the same goes for photos. Good job chopsaw.

Now welcome glad to have you with us ebcbmbx. I take your name is motor cycles.

Warren

Pork butt is the way to go first and read up in here. Can't tell what kind of smoker you got but if it's a stick burner, read up on clean fire and "thin blue smoke"

I wasted a good two years of smoking before I learned that and it makes a HUGE difference!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky