New to SMF. Cooking with offset reverse flow in Fort Worth, TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigBryanSr

Original poster
Oct 22, 2023
Fort Worth, Texas
First post for me. Ive been grilling and smoking meat since I got my first grill (knock off Weber kettle grill) in 1994-1995. Maybe it was a Brinkman water smoker that I made my first rack of ribs on (same time period). My dad gave me a unknown ceramic smoker in the later 90's that I floundered with.
Then I got into Weber Kettles of all sizes and I still have 4 that are used on an almost daily basis.
Then I got a Big Green Egg in 2003 and sure learned a TON. I Built it into the outdoor kitchen and had to let it go with the sale of the house. boohoo!!
Next I got a Primo XL oval that I love and use on a weekly basis.
Now I also have an Ultimate Gameday Reverse flow offset cooker from Blowin' Smoke cookers in OK. Turns out it was made in Alabama by HBTS.
Ive had maybe 10 cooks on the reverse flow rig and would love some tips and tricks that others have learned over the years.

Attachments

• 20231020_122552.jpg
    20231020_122552.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 32
Hi and welcome from Iowa!
Great looking rig as well! Can't give you any tips on it though.

Ryan

Welcome from Utah. That's a good looking set up you've got there.

I've looked into the Primo Kamado. I have a couple KJs myself, but if I ever need another, it'll probably be a Primo.

Reactions: BigBryanSr
Welcome and that is a nice cooker on wheels! Would like to see some pics of what it turns out!

Reactions: BigBryanSr
Welcome from Utah. That's a good looking set up you've got there.

I've looked into the Primo Kamado. I have a couple KJs myself, but if I ever need another, it'll probably be a Primo.
Thanks! I love my Primo XL. It has run for about 18 hours without adding any wood.
B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky