ABTs, Bologna, and Stuffed Bell Peppers with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hagewood91

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
I recently acquired a RecTec off of craigslist for a very good price(I have always wanted one), and have been putting it through its paces. So far I have done wings, boston butts, bologna, ABTs and some stuffed bell peppers! This thing is great, and with the amazn tube to go along the smoke flavor has been spot on. I Just snapped a few pictures of the bells about 15-20 minutes in, the ABTs were almost done, and the bologna was about to get a glaze and finished up as well. My ABTs are just some breakfast sausage, cream cheese, and cheddar all mixed up, stuffed and wrapped in bacon with Rib Lickers Big Hog rub on them. These bells got taco seasoned beef, Zataran's spanish rice, 3/4 of a diced sweet onion, and the leftover tops off the peppers diced and sauteed with some butter and garlic. I also stuffed some portabellas in mine and the wife put some black beans and corn in hers. Let the ABTs and bologna smoke on 225 with extreme smoke turned on with the tube smoking as well. Then bumped it up to 300 when I put the bells on. Really crisped up the bacon which I like and sets the glaze on the bologna right too! Peppers turned out great and can't wait to try any and all kinds of new things on this smoker/grill. Thanks for looking!
ABTs - Stuffed Bells - Bologna 10.15.2017.jpg
ABTs 10.15.2017.jpg
Stuffed Bell Peppers 10.15.2017.jpg

That looks great Stuffed Peppers ABTs are regular around here Points
Richie

Thanks all! Just feels good to finally have my own smoker/grill. My brother in law just opened a new hobby shop with 3 r/c car tracks here in Middle TN, so I will have plenty of racers to give me feed back on food as I will be providing lunches for the bigger races on the weekends. There is a big meat sale going on this week in town so I am going to try to grab a couple briskets and butts for this weekends races!

Very nice BBQ there .. points to You.. lets see a pic of that rectec ... some of them rectecs are pretty expensive ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky