a tale of 2 piggies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

patg

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Chicago, Il
Well now that I have found smoking I can finally contribute to Thanksgiving. So what we have is 10 lbs of shoulder, a veni roast and smoked nuts. Right now I only have the 10 lbs of piggy ready to party.

Smoker hit a wicked temp spike and I lost a quarter or more of my bbq almonds :(

Smoker hit a wicked temp spike and I lost a quarter or more of my bbq almonds :(
Major bummer.   
th_crybaby2.gif
  What are you using for a smoker?

Sorry for your loss , that's why I like to sit and visit as I monitor my cook   :, but your Butt looks good.
drool.gif

never now when your touch is needed , besides god jokes and companionship brings friendships closer...

Send me the recipe for the nuts , they sound great...

Have a great Thanksgiving and as always . . .

Jack I am using a masterbuilt 40" propane. My fault let other things distract me and I paid the price. Oldschool thanks my butts and nuts were a big hit.
Tangy bbq:
Soaked a pound of almonds in water for ten minutes.
Drain with colander
Mix in 2 1/2 tbsp of weber sweet and tangy bbq powder.
Smoke I was at about 275 but spiked over 350. Sat in smoker with pecan and apple chips for an hour at a lower temp more time would have cooked the nuts better crisping up.
Set to cool.

Sugar cinnamon:
All prep above.
Mix a tsp of cinnamon with about a cup of brown sugar and coat nuts cook same as above.

i used a foil cookie sheet poked with holes and sprayed with pam to stop sticking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky