A new look for the LEM 5 lb sausage stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Ordered the LEM 5 lb stuffer with metal gears to go with my collection. Thought I would share what changes were made with some pics. No review... just a preview.....
wink.gif

In the box

UN boxed

The new framing

Metric button head allen bolts that hold the top together

The crank handle shaft

Removed bolts and the upper housing is made of cast aluminum

Pressed in upper bushing

Top view

Easy access to the gears. You no longer have to disassemble at the base to remove shaft and gears

Hand crank is held in place with a set screw. Allen wrench was included

shaft lifted right out

Pressed in plastic lower guide bushing

A pic of the bottom

The plunger

Threaded aluminum insert

The relief  valve

O-Ring

Lower end shaft where the plunger screws on

Underneath the top. There are 2 counter sunk nuts

The tubes... On the right is a tube I made for sticks. The smallest plastic tube on the right is the 1/2" tube and my 1/2" stainless tube is made of stainless sanitary tubing. You can see the difference in the size. The plastic tubes are measured from the inside diameter. My tube is 1/2" outer diameter. You will need one this small to do 19mm or less

Some heavy duty clamps included

Another look

I like it so far....

Hope this helps and thanks for looking

Boykjo

Reactions: crazymoon
Thanks for showing us that Joe!

I've had the old style 5# LEM for several years & never had a problem with it.

The new one looks like they made quite a few design changes.

The only thing I wish they would have added is a release mechanism that would allow you to pull the plunger up without reverse cranking it out.

Al

Boykjo, thanks for the detailed breakdown.     Congratulations on the new stuffer and I'm sure you will give it a real workout.    

Lots and lots of water! Can't wait for the knockoffs to roll out at a cheaper price!!!
I was wondering about that also.  It seemed the prior model and all the other brand variations previously came from a single assembly plant.  I need to go bigger than 5lbs on my next stuffer though.

great job on the review,

i have never owned/used a LEM , but I'm sure it will do the job ,

there are a couple of things i personally probably wouldn't like about  it

(1) its to small for my use 

(2) it looks to me like they overly complicated it 

(3) they used to much plastic/nylon

but with that being said , if you only make small batches of sausage , it will work fine and give you

great service for many  years

enjoy it and be sure to post pictures of your success

Thanks for the preview.

Looks like its made very well.

Nice pre-view Joe,,I have the old one and like it so far,,, did you get it on sale?? what is the going price on these now?? 

I think then next purchase for me will be the 15lber for larger batches of the larger type snausages,,, 

Looking forward to your review when you do use it. 

DS

Nice pre-view Joe,,I have the old one and like it so far,,, did you get it on sale?? what is the going price on these now?? 

I think then next purchase for me will be the 15lber for larger batches of the larger type snausages,,, 

Looking forward to your review when you do use it. 

DS
I got it for $129  Amazon had it on sale at christmas for the 129 but it went off sale back to $149. There was another option to buy it for the $129 but the delivery date was like jan 20th to march 25th so I selected that to get the 129 price. Then the next day I got a notification saying my delivery date was being changed and I got it the next  day. ????? go figure.

I got it for small 1 lb test batches as I am always in the kitchen inventing seasoning recipes

Last edited:
Would you say the base is the same footprint as before?  I'm about to finish the counter base for the one I have now and if I upgrade I'd hate to lose all the work.

Local BPS says they wont get the new ones until the old stock is gone.

I think i need a pa-sy-chiacrist  
hit.gif

Last edited:

I got it for $129  Amazon had it on sale at christmas for the 129 but it went off sale back to $149. There was another option to buy it for the $129 but the delivery date was like jan 20th to march 25th so I selected that to get the 129 price. Then the next day I got a notification saying my delivery date was being changed and I got it the next  day. ????? go figure.

I got it for small 1 lb test batches as I am always in the kitchen inventing seasoning recipes
Awesome, LOL,,,,  I hope they do this design on there larger stuffers 

DS

Joe

How is the new stuffer working compared to the older version?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky