A new look for the LEM 5 lb sausage stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Right before Christmas I got it at Gander Mountain for $99.99  So far 55# thru it. Only thing i wish was 2 speed for reverse. Next time bringing in the 1/2" cordless drill to see if it fits. Havent tightened set screw. No need it fits deep enough handle doesnt come off.  Price is back to 154.99

I made a new tube for snack sticks. I noticed something that I'm not diggin.... The lower threaded housing on the stuffer cylinder is welded on an angle pointing down. Looking at pictures of it on the web it looks like its designed that way. I like to make longer stainless steel tubes so this might make the tubes too low to the table and may require me to angle my tubes...I like to keep my hand around the tube when stuffing.....

Here's some pics

The angle

Let ya know how it works out tomorrow

No not really..... It keeps my hand away from the stuffer so I can better manage the pressure while stuffing into the casing. IMO adding extra length to a tube to add more casing is not a good idea unless your going to crank out a lot of sausage very fast. The casings will dry out the longer they sit on the tube and cause them to stick and get blow outs. Usually I load up the tube with casings and slide them to the end of the tube. Just my preference....

Boykjo

Dang.

Hope mine is pretty much straight.
Let me know. Hope I didn't get a LEM'ON like DS....

Another thing I noticed is the top end is not as stable... with round rods instead of flat steel bars... Going to give it a whirl this afternoon.. Gatta go get some japs. Making some of that andouillie mix you gave me a while back

Just
fire.gif
fire.gif
fire.gif
fire.gif
fire.gif

Another thing I noticed is the top end is not as stable... with round rods instead of flat steel bars... Going to give it a whirl this afternoon.. Gatta go get some japs. Making some of that andouillie mix you gave me a while back

Spices Etc in Savannah. I used to go there and buy spice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just used mine for sticks and noticed my tube is angled down too! When i did sausage with my bro,we used his. He has the older model,think i like It better. I put mine up on a cutting board to give me clearance.

Gave the new LEM stuffer a go and it performed well. One thing I did notice was how easily it was to crank the handle making snack sticks using my smaller stainless steel tube. I added very little water to soften the meat and I felt hardly any resistance..... I still dont like the angled stuffer tube housing . Time to make some angled tubes
welder.gif

adouillie from foamheart on the left and adouillie from nepas on the right

Let ya know how they come out

Thanks for looking

Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Looks good Joe

I value your opinion. Is this a better stuffer than my old flat frame LEM?

I never had any issues with my stuffer but after all these years the gears are starting to get rounded.

Looks good Joe

I value your opinion. Is this a better stuffer than my old flat frame LEM?

I never had any issues with my stuffer but after all these years the gears are starting to get rounded.
I would have to say yes.... IMO the cast upper housing allows an improved distribution of force to the center ( if that makes sense).   I was really impressed by the minimal resistance on the handle to stuff through the small tube. The new frame wobbles a little but not when stuffing but Its as solid as the old one when pressure is applied. My only draw back is the angle on the tube mount. I was having problems manuvering my hand under the tube at times.... I'm still not digging that but there's always a way around it I guess.

I would have to say yes.... IMO the cast upper housing allows an improved distribution of force to the center ( if that makes sense).   I was really impressed by the minimal resistance on the handle to stuff through the small tube. The new frame wobbles a little but not when stuffing but Its as solid as the old one when pressure is applied. My only draw back is the angle on the tube mount. I was having problems manuvering my hand under the tube at times.... I'm still not digging that but there's always a way around it I guess.
Thanks Joe

My wife said Joe is using some big words for you! Do you want me to tell you what they mean  
laugh1.gif

She sleeping in the car tonight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky