A Little Slice of Italy...........Because It's In My Blood!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Started the day off making a artichoke frittata, it was almost noon, and a Saturday, wife was gone for the day, may as well have a little glass of whisky!

DSCN3211.JPG
DSCN3212.JPG

Little nap in the theatre seat with Bob next to me, woke up fresh.

Couch Potato.jpg

Had a pack of my homemade Italian hog sausage with Cabernet and Garlic thawed and ready for me, a pack of homemade chicken Italian sausage with Chardonnay, Black Olives, and Sun-Dried Tomato for my wife. Fired up the Weber 22 for a few minutes of indirect

DSCN3145.JPG

Then about two minutes a side right over the coals, tick-tock! Finished off a Rolling Rock and pulled the links into the kitchen just as the gnocchi was done boiling

DSCN3214.JPG

My dish plated up with one of each sausage, artichoke frittata, and gnocchi with cooked down marinara, olive oil and garlic, topped with parmesan cheese

DSCN3215.JPG

That my friends, is about as Italian as you'll find this side of St Patty's Day! Y'all stay safe out there, and thanks for lookin' in! RAY

Looks like a plate at NONA'S house! I grew up on Gnocchi and Sunday Gravy, Tomato Sauce cooked with Beef, Chicken, Pork and sometimes Sausage and Meatballs. Might be a little strange for a Polish Grandma to cook but she learned Italian from her next door neighbor.
Your choice of foods to match are Classic an look great...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
Wow Ray, absolutely stellar!! You know I'd be all over that plate with a vengeance. and wouldn't stop till everything was gone. Excellent job my friend.

Robert

That’s a giant slice of Italy right there Ray! Looks absolutely delicious! I bet you were out sipping limoncello in your pool shortly afterwards.

Great cook Ray and my type of meal . No Italian in these veins , but I was married to one for 25 years . Her Aunt could throw down some grub . I think the family roots came from Sicily . One of the best things she put on the table was fried cardoons (?) cardoni ? Not sure what it's called , but I loved those .

I think Bob needs you to hand him the remote .

Wow, nice scald on those sausages, Ray. It all looks great!

Looks might fine! No Italian in me but the Mrs. grew up Pittsburgh Italian and learned to cook from her Italian grandmother.
She makes sauce and meatballs from scratch and the whole house smelled wonderful when I would get home from work.
She likes my Italian sausages so I must be doing something right.
I'll pass on the Artichoke but make it up with the Gnocchi if there's enough :-)

Very nice looking dish! It's 9:50 p.m. and I almost ready to go to bed but now I am getting hungry again.... Damn!!

Thanks Push! I little sausage on a French roll right before bed wouldn't hurt a thing, avoid any tossin' and turnin'. Thanks for the Like Push, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks like a plate at NONA'S house! I grew up on Gnocchi and Sunday Gravy, Tomato Sauce cooked with Beef, Chicken, Pork and sometimes Sausage and Meatballs. Might be a little strange for a Polish Grandma to cook but she learned Italian from her next door neighbor.
Your choice of foods to match are Classic an look great...JJ

Thank you Chef! My mama was pure Irish and learned to cook from my Sicilian noni. I used to watch my noni make gnocchi from scratch, tried a dozens of times to make it myself, always came out like lead sinkers. Thanks for the Like Chef, much appreciated! RAY

Mangia...Mangia !!!! That all looks killer, and a meal I grew up eating regularly.

Thanks FT! Growing up in the same neck of the woods as you (SF born) pasta was a staple at every dinner. Family made sauce every September, a truck load of maters. RAY

Reactions: forktender
Wow Ray, absolutely stellar!! You know I'd be all over that plate with a vengeance. and wouldn't stop till everything was gone. Excellent job my friend. Robert

Thank you Robert! With your love of Italian cuisine you'd have fit right in our family tree for sure. There was never any cheese on the dinner table tho, papa wouldn't touch the stuff, none of that Alfredo funny business either. Thanks for the Like amigo, I appreciate it! RAY

That’s a giant slice of Italy right there Ray! Looks absolutely delicious! I bet you were out sipping limoncello in your pool shortly afterwards.

Thanks Joe! No limoncello in the pool for me, no glass in the pool either, just a can of beautiful Rolling Rock beer will do fine! Thanks for the Like my friend, I appreciate it! RAY

Mighty fine looking meal there, Ray! Al

Thanks Al! It's always kind of nice to make a meal I grew up with. Thanks for the Like Al, I do appreciate it! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky