A few legs for college football

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
Sorry, not many pics at all. Had two packs of chicken legs that were asking to be smoked for a day of football. Put some Cowboy rub on and put them in the WSM with some apple and hickory. Less than two hours later, they were over 165. We were going to wait until dinner time, but I couldn't wait and the mrs. joined in too. Only two legs left when I took the picture. They were juicy and delicious.

A good day football-wise...PSU won.

Not a big college football fan here, but I like chicken legs and those look good. Were they done at a higher temp the skin looks crispy?

Chris

Since my daughter works for the University of Georgia - I have to say go Bulldogs. 

The smoker was running slightly hot around 275 and I only put a little water in the pan as I've found the combination of the two helped get the skin crispy but keep the meat juicy.

I was rooting for UGA as they beat Norte Dame. Always root for whoever plays ND.

Reactions: ksblazer
Legs look Great !!
drool.gif

Very Nice Job!!
icon14.gif

Being from PA, you should root for Penn State, and also anybody who plays ND. LOL

Bear

I was keeping my temp around 275 as that seems to keep the skin crispier. I put a very small amount of water in the bowl too compared to other meats.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky