These Big Legs were made for Walking , " DISNEY TURKEY LEGS "

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never saw turkey thighs here. Even the drums are pretty hard to find. That gives me an idea! My fave chicken part is split breasts but have not seen them here in years now. Grabbed some nice poultry shears and decided to try and tackle whole bird. OMG the shears make it so easy. Bonus is I get a back for making stock. I see turkey is on sale for Easter turkey...

Anyone see any harm in going higher to pull temps? I run chicken drums to 200F and just nearly FOTB and not much damage since brined.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Some good looking turkey legs there David! I never had them and yours looks like a great place to start.

Thanks Joe for the like and the comment

First time for the turkey drums for me, have done lots of chicken drums

They were great , Rich has me on the hunt for the thighs now , no tendons , but still the moist dark meat.

David

Never saw turkey thighs here. Even the drums are pretty hard to find. That gives me an idea! My fave chicken part is split breasts but have not seen them here in years now. Grabbed some nice poultry shears and decided to try and tackle whole bird. OMG the shears make it so easy. Bonus is I get a back for making stock. I see turkey is on sale for Easter turkey...

Anyone see any harm in going higher to pull temps? I run chicken drums to 200F and just nearly FOTB and not much damage since brined.

Yes , I'm on the hunt for them . I picked up a bunch of chickens on sale here couple weeks ago, and just cut with big knife right down the middle.
That way I can just cook up a side for the 2 of us when needed ( wing, thigh, leg , and a breast ) that would be a good meal for 2.

But your shears sound like a better idea, especially if I pick up a couple big turkeys on sale

I don't see why that would not work at 200 Deg. F , I think I could have taken the turkey drums higher, as they were still very moist, and they could have taken more temp. No harm in trying just to see.

David

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky