Steaks on the smoky Joe.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Yesterday we decided to toss some strips on the weber.
IMG_20230427_164825577_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

These were nice and thick. Let them sit for a few hours with a salt rub.

Got the weber smoking hot with charcoal and hickory chunks. And got these bad boys rolling!

IMG_20230427_183330573_HDR.jpg

Pulled at 135 to rest a bit.

IMG_20230427_184022908_HDR.jpg

These came out perfect. Plated with baked taters with the usual toppings.

Looks great, hard to beat a well cooked steak and tater. it's rare I run across strip steaks with any marbling. have to be careful or I make boot leather lol wife hates pink meat and I have taken a lot of heat for trying to convince her it's not raw , I take it any way but tough

Reactions: Fueling Around
Good looking strips there Steve. The potato also caught my eye. Looks delicious!
Thank you!

Looks great, hard to beat a well cooked steak and tater. it's rare I run across strip steaks with any marbling. have to be careful or I make boot leather lol wife hates pink meat and I have taken a lot of heat for trying to convince her it's not raw , I take it any way but tough
Thanks Mike! Ann used to hate rare. Or even, medium rare beef. But I slowly got her to like it.
She used to vulcanize pork!

Been married over 38 years and I still aint trained so I just dehydrate hers and go on these days lol

Heck yea Steve. Those look awesome. This might make me fire up one of my Webers this weekend.
Thanks Dave! I might fire up the weber for some yard bird.

Been married over 38 years and I still aint trained so I just dehydrate hers and go on these days lol
Lol! I managed to do it in 36 years!!

That's a beautiful looking meal Steve! As my belly is growling at me lol!

Ryan

Some great looking steaks there Steve! And a nice potato to go along with it. That picture should be next to “Meat n’ Potatoes” in a dictionary.

Nice Steve they look great. I have never had a strip before, I even have 2 in the freezer now.

That's one pretty picture Steve! Any true American would be thrilled to be pulling up a chair to that plate, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky