PHOTOS ADDED - 8th Annual South Florida Gathering 2018 (Nov 17-18)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Special Ingredient for the Rib Comp?

• Yes..this will be fun

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No..let's keep it the same

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a new Lodge. Can i bring it along for seasoning. I dont use the oven in the 5th wheel.

Absolutely. If it's new it probably doesn't need to be seasoned... They all come pre-seasoned these days.

I'm going to try to build an e-tank this weekend. It it goes well I'll bring it and give a demo on how to clean up the really dirty ones...

Absolutely. If it's new it probably doesn't need to be seasoned... They all come pre-seasoned these days.

I'm going to try to build an e-tank this weekend. It it goes well I'll bring it and give a demo on how to clean up the really dirty ones...
Hey Jenny, let me know if you need me to bring a small 10 amp manual charger. I restore and collect CI too. Would be a little difficult to bring my 55 gal. drum etank.

I planned on making biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast on Saturday morning. Can we add that to the menu list so it doesn't get duplicated?

I'm still pondering what to do for dinner Friday and Saturday nights.... will let everyone know this weekend so it can be added to the list as well.

Team Triumph waiting until the last minute to come sliding in sideways!

Highlands Hammock State Park, FL
RV or Tent
138, ELEC
Arriving: Fri Nov 16 2018
Leaving: Sun Nov 18 2018
Length of Stay: 2 (nights)
Primary Frank Coker
Frank, Glad to see you will be joining us!
Craig

Frank, Glad to see you will be joining us!
Craig

Thanks Craig. Have an extended weekend booked at Longpoint the weekend before. Hence why I was on the fence about joining in but took the entire week off and a spot opened up. Must be a sign for good times!

Reactions: carol506
Let me know if we can bring any needed items. Will most likely have 4 slabs of ribs on the smoker and Wendy baking mac&cheese for Saturday.

Team Triumph waiting until the last minute to come sliding in sideways!

Highlands Hammock State Park, FL
RV or Tent
138, ELEC
Arriving: Fri Nov 16 2018
Leaving: Sun Nov 18 2018
Length of Stay: 2 (nights)
Primary Frank Coker

I like the entrance .. will be good to see ya.. was hoping you were gonna be at Manatee to help John and myself out... we were the only two males there... we needed back up...LOL

OH MY! Biscuits & Gravy favorite meal!
We still haven't settled in to what we are bringing. We will definitely be bringing some sort of veggie as it looks like there will be about 100 lbs of meat per person already.

We still haven't settled in to what we are bringing. We will definitely be bringing some sort of veggie as it looks like there will be about 100 lbs of meat per person already.

As far as the Poll (at the top of this page) for the Rib Contest....5 people have voted for keeping it the same and 4 people have voted for the "mystery ingredient" idea. If you haven't voted yet, please do so we can get that finalized

Looking forward to a fun weekend and seeing everyone!

Ok! It’s time to start getting ready!

Since I’m only bringing my mini I won't be able smoke more than one item a day, so I decided to per cook some items and pre-prepare some I’m going to cook on sight. I started off by getting the pork chops ready that I’m going to cook riday night. I bought a pork loin (boy have they gone up in price) and cut 10 2" chops from the big end. The rest I cut into 1" sliced the pounded real thin to make breaded tenderloins at a later date. After piercing the chops, I loaded them into my vacuum tumbler with a half beer & teriyaki marinade. When done, I put them into a freezer bag with the remaining sauce. These I will freeze. I did them in two batches. This is the second batch tumbling with the bag of the first batch alongside.

Then I started working my Cubain style pulled pork. I was going to bring a triditional side for Saturday’s meal, but it sounds like we’re going to have several attendees whom are non-smokers so I’m assuming they will be contributing side dishes. So I changed my plan to bring the made ahead dish. We can use it for lunches and/or Saturday dinner. I trimmed the butt and now it’s soakng on the citrus/garlic marinade overnight. I’ll cook it tomorrow.

Of course the burrs come two to a package, so I sliced up the other one to grind for sausage &, bratworsr since I’m almost out

I hope I’m inspiring y’all

Attachments

• 788E9A9E-4DD9-46FE-8C37-586B637252AB.jpeg
    788E9A9E-4DD9-46FE-8C37-586B637252AB.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 4190024E-988A-457B-BF60-5D3E85878574.jpeg
    4190024E-988A-457B-BF60-5D3E85878574.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 9
  • CCFE6F55-2E68-4D9D-84F6-22CD5348F71D.jpeg
    CCFE6F55-2E68-4D9D-84F6-22CD5348F71D.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: jarjarchef
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky