4lb Boneless Chuck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Don't do much of these but since the Pats are 4:25 and some pulled bbq beef sangies sound damn good for game time.That and most importantly the price was right at $2.49 a lb!

My past experience with doing chucks is that basically they came out like a pot roast done in the pot because I always wrapped to save time.Are the IT and time similar to say a boneless pork butt done unwrapped?

This will more than likely be done in the MES but I haven't ruled out using the WSM.

Wrap or Naked, smoke at 225 until it can be Pulled, an IT of 205+/-. Figure 1.5 Hr/Lb. It's not that different from a Pork Butt...JJ

Wrap or Naked, smoke at 225 until it can be Pulled, an IT of 205+/-. Figure 1.5 Hr/Lb. It's not that different from a Pork Butt...JJ

That's kinda what I was thinking...just wanted to be sure!

I’ve did chuck now several times. Love doing it because the prep work is easy. SPOG overnight and smoked to 205F. Tasty pulled beef for sure. At $2.49 a lbs. I might have had to plug in my 2nd freezer again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky