4 Day Sausage and Smoking Marathon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkriet

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Dayton, OH
Well, this weekend has been a smoking marathon for this guy. Friday morning-smoked cheese. Friday afternoon-smoked snack sticks. Saturday-Stuffed Kielbasa for New Years. Sunday- Smoked Kielbasa and Summer Sausage...... and for today. .... Smoked Chicken Wings.

I fired up the WSM for a quick smoke today. Made chicken wings using Jeff's Rub. I put pecan wood pellets in my Amazen smoke tube. First time ever using pecan. Smoked about an hour with vents wide open, and finished on the grill to crisp up the skin and sauced them. Finished with Sweet Baby Rays award winning sauce. They turned out great, and best part is there are enough left for me to take for lunch this week.

The marathon is over, and I survived. Wurst (see what I did there) part is I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Sounds like you were quite busy for sure!

Everything I've seen from you thus far has looked really good as well.

So, how long until you need to buy another freezer?

Sounds like you were quite busy for sure!

Everything I've seen from you thus far has looked really good as well.

So, how long until you need to buy another freezer?

Haha, I'm okay on freezer space right now. We have an upright freezer and a fridge freezer combo in the basement. Those are in my domain, and the fridge freezer is basically a beer fridge, and used to hold all of my smoky goodness.

Have a baby due in March, so don't think the wife will allow me to get any more freezers. Actually, I have one in my shed that I could use if I cleaned it up. Was used for a fur freezer one year, so would need a really good cleaning before I got to that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky